Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Default Sequential Shifter

Oky doky, this is the kind of thing where some extra dough from the outside would make something at a higher level possible.

If we buy a new, basic Hurst shifter and install kit, it's about $300. However, there is a pretty slick sequential shifter setup for the Top Loader. Guess what? It's more. Like $700. But banging through gears sequentially with just a push or pull would be pretty awesome. Pretty much like this guy.

Check it out:
http://www.renagate.com/

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-01-2009, 01:00 AM   #22
I, Vettezuki

Default Update

It looks like we're going to have a sponsorship that will allow us to use this shifter. Details to come shortly once worked out.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #23
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It looks like we're going to have a sponsorship that will allow us to use this shifter. Details to come shortly once worked out.
So, you're going BIG TIME?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
So, you're going BIG TIME?
In a very small way.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #25
Neanderthal

Quote:
In a very small way.
Tiny steps.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #26
Fast & Filthy

I got the trans cross member done tonight but I hope it will work. Joe, can you tell me if this is how the trans lines up with the shifter hole on your Mustang? I bolted the engine and trans together and set them in the car then tried to line them up using the SBC/T5 cross members as a guide. I set the engine as far back as I could so hopefully it will all work well.

This is a picture looking down through the shifter hole in the floor.

Rear view of the cross member.

Another angle.

Passenger side of cross member.

Drivers side.

Tailshaft looking up.

Drivers side of trans.

Drivers side of engine.

Passenger side of engine.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #27
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
. . .

Looking at the way these shifter attach to that plate, the stick ain't coming up through the hole. But never fear, we have hole expanding technology!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-04-2009, 07:37 AM   #28
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Looking at the way these shifter attach to that plate, the stick ain't coming up through the hole. But never fear, we have hole expanding technology!
I centered the trans in the transmission tunnel. If the trans were a T5 the shifter bolt to the top of the trans. Do we know if the shift is off to the side on the Top Loader or does it bolt to the side and end up above the trans center on top? I can offset the trans to the passenger side but I would also have to offset the engine as well.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #29

Quote:
I got the trans cross member done tonight but I hope it will work. Joe, can you tell me if this is how the trans lines up with the shifter hole on your Mustang? I bolted the engine and trans together and set them in the car then tried to line them up using the SBC/T5 cross members as a guide. I set the engine as far back as I could so hopefully it will all work well.

I have a T5 in my 65 Mustang and an automatic in the 68. To tell you the truth, I can't remember how the toploader lined up. It was too long ago, but I'm pretty sure it is centered in the tunnel. And actually that hole doesn't appear to be that far off. I think you'd have to open it up a little, but not much. Here's a pic of a shifter for a toploader on a 66 Mustang.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I centered the trans in the transmission tunnel. If the trans were a T5 the shifter bolt to the top of the trans. Do we know if the shift is off to the side on the Top Loader or does it bolt to the side and end up above the trans center on top? I can offset the trans to the passenger side but I would also have to offset the engine as well.
See post 21 in this thread for the way the shifter will mount.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)