Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-07-2015, 05:01 PM   #1

Default New Turbosmart Bov with Horn

A few months ago I upgraded to a Turbosmart Big Bubba 52mm bov and a few days ago I turned it around so that it pointed and vented out inside the wheel well. It made it much more audible so i decided to buy a trumpet horn for it. The car now sounds like a pissed off street sweeper and its fun scaring people with their windows down. Lol. I figure ricers like to let you know when they have boost so I'll play along too.

I got to get a good vid from outside cuz this thing is loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j5o...ature=youtu.be

Old 06-07-2015, 09:28 PM   #2
Fast & Filthy

That's funny and good timing. My daughters are on summer vacation and have started running with me since after breaking my ankle I'm only running a short distance. Anyways the other day on our run an EVO drove passed us and of course he had to shift right next to us and both of my girls jumped. They asked what it was and I told them he did it just to scare them.

By the way, do you not have MAF?
Old 06-07-2015, 10:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
That's funny and good timing. My daughters are on summer vacation and have started running with me since after breaking my ankle I'm only running a short distance. Anyways the other day on our run an EVO drove passed us and of course he had to shift right next to us and both of my girls jumped. They asked what it was and I told them he did it just to scare them.

By the way, do you not have MAF?
Lol yeah damn EVOs love doing that. I have a speed density tune. I have a card style LS3/7 maf before the tb but its only for iat's.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:27 AM   #4
Fast & Filthy

That's why you don't have to have it blowoff back into the intake track.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:30 AM   #5

Quote:
That's why you don't have to have it blowoff back into the intake track.
Yeah. A lot of OEM turbo systems are like that. I believe that's a bypass valve. Positive displacement blowers like Maggies have that. Not as cool, or annoying, as a bov lol
Old 06-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #6
Fast & Filthy

I have a Vortech and have the bypass value going back into the intake track after the MAF but before the supercharger. The tube blew off once and the car ran like crap until I could pull over to put it back on.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #7

Quote:
I have a Vortech and have the bypass value going back into the intake track after the MAF but before the supercharger. The tube blew off once and the car ran like crap until I could pull over to put it back on.
Dang oh man. Yeah thats a bypass. I havent seen that setup before on a Vortech. I saw a guy once with a procharged 5th gen Camaro. The piping to the tb was actually a 4in silicone hose. Everytime he'd rev it and let off, the hose would collapse on itself from the vacuum. I couldne hear a bov or bypass. Idk what was going on there lol. But yeah, as long as you protect the impeller from surging. I use to get that whooshshsh sound from the bov when I'd let off and that told me i needed to go bigger. That was compressor surge. Now it sounds like a huge turbo bov or jet engine.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:37 PM   #8

Iat temps went down a tad too. I also programmed both fans to come on at the same time. The other day it was warm and I got stuck in 20-30mph traffic and my coolant was 194 and oil was 204. Car has been running good especially for the supercharged car in the heat.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:10 AM   #9
pain's fun, hit me again

I really hated the sound of the BOV on the blue truck so I did a return into the exhaust so I didn't have to hear it. In fact even the sound of the blower drives me bonkers sometimes and I have no idea how people deal with the V1 blowers, I want that as low key as possible.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-21-2015, 05:56 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Awesome. When I installed my intercooler my BOV started fluttering. Sounds like a Vette-Supra baby.