Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
pain's fun, hit me again

I'd still do the gforce like the one i listed on corner carvers
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I'd still do the gforce like the one i listed on corner carvers
They seem like the best bet. The t56 is already strong, people twin turbo vipers to over 1000 rwhp and don't blow them up stock. I know i'm not worried about my t56 in the caddy
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 06-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
pain's fun, hit me again

Especially after they use the 30t input shaft and cryo treated gears. The only complaints about gforce i've heard were towards their t5's.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #14
Internet Tough Guy

Corvette forums and digital corvettes have some g force horror stories. The 1000hp reliability of the stock t-56 doesn't transfer over automatically due to the shock of the quick dog engagements.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 06-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
They seem like the best bet. The t56 is already strong, people twin turbo vipers to over 1000 rwhp and don't blow them up stock. I know i'm not worried about my t56 in the caddy
They do use different synchros though, if I remember correctly. But the weak point in the CTS-v is the rear diff if I remember right. Though since you have an 06, it is the stronger unit right? I have been looking at a picking up a CTS-v next year as my 4 door 'family car'. Is my research off base at all?

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
They do use different synchros though, if I remember correctly. But the weak point in the CTS-v is the rear diff if I remember right. Though since you have an 06, it is the stronger unit right? I have been looking at a picking up a CTS-v next year as my 4 door 'family car'. Is my research off base at all?
I should have the same synchros as a C5 Z06, carbin fiber 1st, 2nd and 3rd i think.

The real problem with the First gen V's are the axles. They cause the rear to hop if you try to put to much power down. That's what breaks the diff apart. The newer cars have better diffs (3 versions) If you replace the axle shafts yo can get rid of about 80 - 90% of the hop in the dry. On the strip or in the rain you might cut it by 50%

I have 2 piece rear rotors and that seemed to help alot aswell. Right now I've been able to snap 2 axle, one stock and one upgraded chrome molly. So I don't fear for y diff to much.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 06-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Why not just beat on your trans till it breaks, then have it built with tougher gears and synchros?

Get a widebody kit and have your rims widened. Thatll help handling, traction, and make it look like a race car. I saw a red widebody trailered c6 a few years back. So cool.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Catastrophic failures during races can precipitate incidents that may be far more expensive than just beefing up something you know is going to fail. Farting around on the streets < 100mph is one thing, passing at 140mph is another.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #19
Internet Tough Guy

I don't want the ppg upgrade for the improved reliability. I want it because shift time drop by more than a third. I expect to pick up 3 mph in a quarter and almost a full second. The PPG upgrade is deletes the synchs and replaces the gears with super strong units that are machined with dogs from a single piece on metal. The GFORCE and liberty kits either do not delete the synchs or have dogs that are welded to the gears . The cost of the kit is worth it. I just can't find an estimate on labor.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 06-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #20
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I don't want the ppg upgrade for the improved reliability. I want it because shift time drop by more than a third. I expect to pick up 3 mph in a quarter and almost a full second. The PPG upgrade is deletes the synchs and replaces the gears with super strong units that are machined with dogs from a single piece on metal. The GFORCE and liberty kits either do not delete the synchs or have dogs that are welded to the gears . The cost of the kit is worth it. I just can't find an estimate on labor.
Uhm no they dont. I have my gforce apart right now and I can tell you nothing is welded. I can provide pics if you want. It has fully machined dogs.

Stopping the world!