Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-22-2008, 04:23 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy
Default Street Legals and Dinner 04/26/08 CA Speedway

Ladies and Gents,

I know in previous discussion we mentioned doing dinner after the track. At this time who all is going and are you still wanting to do dinner? Should I expand this invite to others that we know are going as well. Let me know what you all think.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Ugg, what a day. Track was horrible as usual (and so was the driver). My first run I tried to slip the clutch with a 3k RPM launch. The car started hopping and then felt like something broke. I thought I had snapped a half-shaft. But then it felt fine again so I just went with it. I ran a 16 second pass. I had actually stopped at the start - bad times. My 2nd run I ran 13.52 @ 108mph. It was an okay pass, although I bogged out of the hole (2k launch). My 3rd run I launched at 2.5k rpm and lit the tires up again. I also missed the 2-3shift and ran 14 flat @ 102. Street tires are worthless. I wish also that I could actually get more runs in - it's very difficult to practice. For the time being though - I suck
Old 04-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
. . .For the time being though - I suck
And I've got the video evidence, which will be up shortly At the moment I plan to go to Irwindale this Thursday. Maybe you and Brian can come out too.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Honestly, I'm embarrassed, but I feel like I just need more time with the car. I really wish I could get more runs in. Perhaps practicing launches at Irwindale would help. Thursdays are tough for me, but maybe I'll go to a few of the Sunday dates.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:19 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Honestly, I'm embarrassed, but I feel like I just need more time with the car. I really wish I could get more runs in. Perhaps practicing launches at Irwindale would help. Thursdays are tough for me, but maybe I'll go to a few of the Sunday dates.
You can do what Brian does . . . launch from every intersection.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #6

Yes the track conditions were horrible today. Wind like crazy with evidence of dirt in every crevice of my body, and heat in the mid 90's. By 2pm I would say 1/2 of the runners ditched out as the general response was "yeah I ran bad, the conditions are horrible."

Sean in time you'll improve but something better than 13.5 next time is well needed. Yes, think about taking some vacation time and head out to Irwindale. Just promise me you won't bust a rear end like Vettezuki....

In regards to practicing like Brian, is that how he blew a head gasket?? :P Maybe running a consistent 13.5 is someones way of saying, hey I'll give you a 13.5 every time or you can break a half shaft in exchange. I'll take the 13.5....in time you'll have drags, and a pully then hopefully we'll break the 13.5.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Yes the track conditions were horrible today. Wind like crazy with evidence of dirt in every crevice of my body, and heat in the mid 90's. By 2pm I would say 1/2 of the runners ditched out as the general response was "yeah I ran bad, the conditions are horrible."

Sean in time you'll improve but something better than 13.5 next time is well needed. Yes, think about taking some vacation time and head out to Irwindale. Just promise me you won't bust a rear end like Vettezuki....

In regards to practicing like Brian, is that how he blew a head gasket?? :P Maybe running a consistent 13.5 is someones way of saying, hey I'll give you a 13.5 every time or you can break a half shaft in exchange. I'll take the 13.5....in time you'll have drags, and a pully then hopefully we'll break the 13.5.
I thought he busted a tail shaft.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 04-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn64vette View Post
I thought he busted a tail shaft.
I was going to make a crude comment about my rear-end being fine, but that I broke my (output) shaft. . . But I decided to pace myself.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #9
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I was going to make a crude comment about my rear-end being fine, but that I broke my (output) shaft. . . But I decided to pace myself.
Pacing is always good.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 04-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post

Alright alright, I'm no expert but you broke something. Location unk