Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Ugg, what a day. Track was horrible as usual (and so was the driver). My first run I tried to slip the clutch with a 3k RPM launch. The car started hopping and then felt like something broke. I thought I had snapped a half-shaft. But then it felt fine again so I just went with it. I ran a 16 second pass. I had actually stopped at the start - bad times. My 2nd run I ran 13.52 @ 108mph. It was an okay pass, although I bogged out of the hole (2k launch). My 3rd run I launched at 2.5k rpm and lit the tires up again. I also missed the 2-3shift and ran 14 flat @ 102. Street tires are worthless. I wish also that I could actually get more runs in - it's very difficult to practice. For the time being though - I suck
You need a Pro 5.0 shifter. You can shift mine to see what it feels like if you want. 2 to 3 is like butter. It gets sucked right in.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:20 PM   #12
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You need a Pro 5.0 shifter. You can shift mine to see what it feels like if you want. 2 to 3 is like butter. It gets sucked right in.
I have a shifter. The shifter isn't the problem, it's the way the clutch grabs.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I love my hydraulic . . . it's like buttah.

But if your clutch is grabby, it might be a bit worn or your flywheel might have hard spots. Does it ever chatter when engaging?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
I was talking about missing your 2 to 3 shift. That would have nothing to do with the clutch.

What's wrong with the clutch?
Old 04-30-2008, 06:05 PM   #15
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
I was talking about missing your 2 to 3 shift. That would have nothing to do with the clutch.

What's wrong with the clutch?
My clutch is cable controlled and it engages funky. I need to adjust it again before going to the track. It engages too low, and sometimes you depress the clutch a great deal, but it still won't go into gear because you haven't hit the sweet spot yet.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Quote:
My clutch is cable controlled and it engages funky. I need to adjust it again before going to the track. It engages too low, and sometimes you depress the clutch a great deal, but it still won't go into gear because you haven't hit the sweet spot yet.
After you launch, powershift! Seriously though, ever tried that? Or try not depressing the clutch, saves time for sure, but it can be tricky, rpms have to be right for the shift to engage. That's how I race my bike at the sand drags.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
After you launch, powershift! Seriously though, ever tried that? Or try not depressing the clutch, saves time for sure, but it can be tricky, rpms have to be right for the shift to engage. That's how I race my bike at the sand drags.
A bike is a sequential. You can do it with a T56, but it's not for the faint of heart. At best, perfect execution might net a couple tenths. Failures will lose a lot more and gradually damage the trans. What does help is to not take your foot all the way out of the gas and to begin pulling out of gear before engaging the clutch. With practice, you can get quite fast, especially with a short throw shifter.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
A bike is a sequential. You can do it with a T56, but it's not for the faint of heart. At best, perfect execution might net a couple tenths. Failures will lose a lot more and gradually damage the trans. What does help is to not take your foot all the way out of the gas and to begin pulling out of gear before engaging the clutch. With practice, you can get quite fast, especially with a short throw shifter.
Yes you can. Doesn't need to be a sequential trans, you just have to get the rpms right. Ask me how I know. But granted, it's bad for the trans.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:45 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Yes you can. Doesn't need to be a sequential trans, you just have to get the rpms right. Ask me how I know. But granted, it's bad for the trans.
I said:

You can do it with a T56, but it's not for the faint of heart.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I said:

You can do it with a T56, but it's not for the faint of heart.
Woops! My bad g money.