Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default California Speedway 4/26 Caravan and Dinner?

With any luck at all I should have my car back and ready to go for the 4/26 street legal drags. Anyone want to caravan down with me and then maybe go out to dinner afterwards? Any takers

Here is a link to the event on the calendar: http://www.motorgen.com/forum/calend...=2008-4-26&c=1
Old 03-31-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
With any luck at all I should have my car back and ready to go for the 4/26 street legal drags. Anyone want to caravan down with me and then maybe go out to dinner afterwards? Any takers

Here is a link to the event on the calendar: http://www.motorgen.com/forum/calend...=2008-4-26&c=1
<BEGIN_FRENCH_ACCENT>
I will be zer to treat you like z lital biitch that you are. Au revoir.
<END>

Should be fun. If we get enough takers, we should probably do something like actual planning and get a reservation somewhere.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711

Count me in as of now. If things don't go well this weekend maybe not but I would assume that 4.26 is a safe date for me to be ready to go.

B
Old 04-11-2008, 04:38 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

I think we should totally do something. The only question is do you want to hang around local to the track for dinner or cruise back to the OC? The rancho shopping center off of foothill has plenty of places to pick from but is VERY busy on the weekends. The track generally shuts down at 3-4 so I wouldn't think we would have a problem getting into a place that is local with a huge wait time.

I'll be your offical planner if you want so you guys can focus on racing and staying safe.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
I think we should totally do something. The only question is do you want to hang around local to the track for dinner or cruise back to the OC? The rancho shopping center off of foothill has plenty of places to pick from but is VERY busy on the weekends. The track generally shuts down at 3-4 so I wouldn't think we would have a problem getting into a place that is local with a huge wait time.

I'll be your offical planner if you want so you guys can focus on racing and staying safe.
I think the track officially closes at 5:00. Therefore a 5:45 dinner call to a local place would be good. What are the options there at Rancho?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
A Motorgen O.G.

Can we mount my camera in someone's car on the dash this time?

It's a legit camera mounts... it's been mounted on the landing gear of a Cessna and did fine. I think it would get some awesome shots for Motorgen.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture View Post
Can we mount my camera in someone's car on the dash this time?

It's a legit camera mounts... it's been mounted on the landing gear of a Cessna and did fine. I think it would get some awesome shots for Motorgen.
I totally agree, but it'd have to be a spy camera setup. California Speedway (unlike Irwindale) does not allow in car cameras.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

BTW,we have this cool new feature (in it's infancy) where you can indicate your intention to attend an event. When viewing an individual event, just click on the link at the bottom that says (Click if you intend to go to this event.) Here's this event.

http://www.motorgen.com/forum/calend...=2008-4-26&c=1

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Here is a list of the places in "Victoria Gardens." Directions to this location from the track are head north on Cherry, take a left on Foothill, go under the freeway and the shopping center will be on your immediate right hand side after the freeway.l

Here is the link to the shopping center. It is a very nice center!

http://www.victoriagardensie.com/go/...Cat=2138210047

Pretty much the top pics are going to have a wait no matter where you go. I do not mind heading out early to put our name in as most places do not take reservations anymore. Let me know

California Pizza Kitchen
Cheesecake Factory
Corner Bakery Cafe
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ
Johnny Rockets
Kabuki Japanese Restaurant
King's Fish House
Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que
P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Sisley Italian Kitchen
T.G.I. Friday's