Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
Internet Tough Guy

Default T-56 true sequential Gearbox

Sequential transmissions in Corvettes are not knew. This product, however is based on the T-56 that came standard in every manual C5 and C6. Other sequential have been offered for $25k. This one will probably be in the $10-12K range. A lot of money, but if you consider that you are getting both a bullet proof transmission and a super fast sequential transmission then the cost become acceptable.

2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 11-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Internet Tough Guy

Oops, $23K installed. I don't fucking understand that bullshit. Its $2k less than the LG Saenz sequential. Fucking greed fail.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

It's probably a small upscale market without much competition for that product; so may no difference in unti sales $15k~ - $25k. They charge what they charge simply because they can, it's the only rule of pricing.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
Internet Tough Guy

Yup, that's economics 101. The kit is based on the PPG dog gears for the T-56. That upgrade is $8,450. That will allow for clutchless upshifts. The sequential transmission gets a stand alone ECU and the shifter/ shifter linkage. They are asking 3x the cost for the setup. LG has raised the cost to $28K for the transmission alone. MTI is offering a savings of roughly 5-8k after installation. I think there is a large population that would make this investment at $12-16K, but the mid 20's put's it out of reach. It would be cool to drive a 10 sec all motor street tire corvette. I am going to call and see if the PPG upgrade and the sequential upgrade can be done sequentially or if they must be done at the same time.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

I have NOT looked into this at all, so it's probably totally incompatible, but is the C7 transaxle compatible to the C6 chassis at all I wonder? If so, might the new auto trans for the C7, perhaps with add-on trans programmer be pretty effective? Just trying to think of the redneck way, something in the < $10k range.

It's interesting market idea if you think there are many who would bite at $14k~ and you think the markup for the $20k+ is that high. It means money is on the table for someone. I'm usually pretty curious when anything looks like "easy" money on the table, usually something is being missed, but not always. Wish I had time to pursue some of these aftermarket auto product ideas. I have the right connections to at least consider them, but totally impossible for time. Ah well.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #6
Super Moderator

I'll do it for $22.9k