Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #21
I, Vettezuki

I wonder what the prediction markets say. I'll check it out later.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I. Or maybe it's in a niche I don't see.
They do say you'll go blind, doin watcha do.....How hairy are your palms?
Old 11-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
They do say you'll go blind, doin watcha do.....How hairy are your palms?
It's a close call, but possibly more than on your head.

Oh snap! I went there.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #24

Well it's settled next year... I'll be getting one. I'm not worried about the anemic power output. I like how its the size of a shot glass and with a little magic from a sponor/interested party... I'm going to shoot for 400whp. Should put it about the same power to weight as a current Z06. Still deciding on auto or manual. But I do know it's going to have to be a turbo, intercooled, E85 burner to get anywhere near my hp goals... And I'll lighten it up a bit by yanking the rear seats and tossing in some lightened front seats. I'll see you fellas at the track with this one for sure.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #25
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Well it's settled next year... I'll be getting one. I'm not worried about the anemic power output. I like how its the size of a shot glass and with a little magic from a sponor/interested party... I'm going to shoot for 400whp. Should put it about the same power to weight as a current Z06. Still deciding on auto or manual. But I do know it's going to have to be a turbo, intercooled, E85 burner to get anywhere near my hp goals... And I'll lighten it up a bit by yanking the rear seats and tossing in some lightened front seats. I'll see you fellas at the track with this one for sure.
I'll be waiting, with both
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Chate

http://jalopnik.com/5855983/the-197-...ew-mazda-miata

more i read the more i want, if it really sticks at 22ish grand, i'll just get one as a dd (31mpg apparently) hope these scion folks dont price rape like the ford ppl (2011gt w 10k-12k markup at release wtf??)
Old 11-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #27
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chate View Post
. . . hope these scion folks dont price rape like the ford ppl (2011gt w 10k-12k markup at release wtf??)
It's just supply and demand. If people will pay it, it's not rape (coercion), it's the correct market price. It'll come down . . probably. Just wait and let others pay the premium. But if you just gotta have it early, you can pay what they're selling for or not, your choice.

It's just the flip side of markdown to move slow product, where by some standard *reasoning* manufacturers and dealers get raped I guess. . . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #28

Send a message via AIM to Chate

i mean doesnt scion have that whole thing where you pay whats on the sticker? or can they still add dealer premiums?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #29
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chate View Post
i mean doesnt scion have that whole thing where you pay whats on the sticker? or can they still add dealer premiums?
As far as I know it is their business model to no-haggle on sticker. Nor do they go down.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Just read a quick "Fiirst Drive" in MotorTrend. They were very positive, comparinig it very favorably tot he Miata, but noted it could really use about 100HP once you get used to it. Also, seems like 2,500lbs, not 2,700. That's getting pretty light, and if they make a turbo kit to pump it just a bit really, it'd be a hell of a fun driver in the real world for a reasonable cost.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)