Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-31-2008, 02:03 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Hell, the basic 174 is going to be plenty of boost. We're going for a 2,500 lbs or less vehicle. Traction is going to be a BIG problem. We are in "Old Cobra" thinking here.

Yes, some sort of cage is going to be needed.

We need a name for this--- Like Mazbra or something simular?? "Cobza"---you get the idea.

We can run VERY sticky rubber at the track, and if we really want to optimize for straight line we can set up the suspension for it as well. How much we want to optimize for straightline performance, or whatever, is another question.

I'll think of some names after I've had a few later on tonight. Look out.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-31-2008, 02:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
What all is done to the engine?
Forged 302 bored .030 over, custom grind roller cam specifically for blower, reconditioned E6 iron heads with dual springs and 1.6 roller rockers.

Here's a link to what was done on the heads.http://motorgen.com/forum/showpost.p...4&postcount=98

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 12-31-2008, 03:27 PM   #13

is this thing getting blown or turbo'd ?? also im guessing its staying carb not fuel injected?

also how is the fuel system gonna be set up? if you guys wanna save weight you can toss out the stock tank and make a 5 gal fuel cell.

also wat fuel are u guys using i think that if you guys go forced induction then u gotta go 100oct, c16 or e85

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
is this thing getting blown or turbo'd ?? also im guessing its staying carb not fuel injected?

also how is the fuel system gonna be set up? if you guys wanna save weight you can toss out the stock tank and make a 5 gal fuel cell.

also wat fuel are u guys using i think that if you guys go forced induction then u gotta go 100oct, c16 or e85
I ran this blower on my 347 with 91 octane and water/methanol injection @ 12 PSI. I first ran it @ 8 PSI without water/methanol. It ran fine with 22 degrees of spark @ 8 PSI.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 12-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Not likely with a blower! But hey, that's what a sawzall is for.

Depends on how much room is under that hood. This blower comes with a low profile intake manifold. I had to put on a very small scoop to fit it under the 68 Mustang hood. It was probably 1.5" too high to fit under the hood.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:58 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
is this thing getting blown or turbo'd ??
blown if if the Holley can be made to work. Otherwise, enkeivette and I are sort interested in some turbo time.

Quote:
also im guessing its staying carb not fuel injected?
Probably stay carbed, especially if it's blown. But if we end up doing a turbo, especially if we go with E85 as a fuel type, then maybe throttle body injection, but that's as far as we'd go I think. Easiest is to stay carbed and blow it. But seeing what you've been able to do with E85 and turbos makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote:
This will be a function of just how purpose built we want to go. But we can decide this rather later.

Quote:
Don't have to, but it sure opens some other boost-a-riffic options.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-31-2008, 05:00 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
I ran this blower on my 347 with 91 octane and water/methanol injection @ 12 PSI. I first ran it @ 8 PSI without water/methanol. It ran fine with 22 degrees of spark @ 8 PSI.
This is good to know. If the blower doesn't work out for lack of parts or whatever, corn fed has some experience getting stupid power out of a turbo with E85, which has a certain "cool" factor going for it. However, I think that'd mean we'd have to consider at least TB injection to flow enough fuel.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-31-2008, 05:32 PM   #18
Super Moderator

And if we stay carbed we just need a Bosch O2 sensor and we can tune it with my LM2. Is it a Holley carb? Holley carbs are cake to tune.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
PHASE 1 (January - February)
- - Transport SBF, Trans, and Blower to Vettezuki's house for later installation

Where do you live? PM me your # and we can make arrangements to get the engine & tranny over to you next week, maybe.

Do you have a hoist to lift the engine out of the back of my truck once I get there?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Where do you live? PM me your # and we can make arrangements to get the engine & tranny over to you next week, maybe.

Do you have a hoist to lift the engine out of the back of my truck once I get there?
I do have a hoist, just need to put it back together. I'm more than happy to come pick it up from you at your convenience. I'll PM you with my info.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)