Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-31-2008, 01:59 PM   #1

Default RX-Snake: Body, Paint, Name, Logos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
We need a name for this--- Like Mazbra or something simular?? "Cobza"---you get the idea.
How about RX Snake?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 12-31-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
How about RX Snake?
"APEX" (Make fun of the rotary seals)
Old 01-04-2009, 07:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post

BTW, I've creaed a special user account for our project cars. Here's RX-Snake

Do I get a prize for naming her?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
Super Moderator

With a tight budget in mind we could use all paintwithpearl.com stuff.

Candy Orange for the lettering. (Motorgen.com on both sides, in huge letters.)

Blue Pearl over a white base.

We could also do a violet or a red pearl, or even a gold pearl over the white. For a very subtle look, you can do white pearl over white, but I imagine the theme of this car will not be subtle.

I was thinking that we could get a large dark blue vinyl cut out of a logo, maybe something like this. And lay it on the hood, over the white base before we clear it. By the way if you guys want to save time and money, we could also do that with the large motorgen logos on the side. Have some large neon orange vinyls made, put them on the white base after it dries for a few hours, then clear over vinyl. That's a great clean way to get a custom look.

If you guys like this idea, we should have Steve photoshop a nice one.

This guy cleared over an autobots logo on this motorcyle. You can't even tell that it was vinyl.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Sean said he'd give you a big hug.
No, thanks. He can give it to you instead.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
With a tight budget in mind we could use all paintwithpearl.com stuff.

Candy Orange for the lettering. (Motorgen.com on both sides, in huge letters.)

. . .

Blue Pearl over a white base.

. . .

We could also do a violet or a red pearl, or even a gold pearl over the white. For a very subtle look, you can do white pearl over white, but I imagine the theme of this car will not be subtle.

I was thinking that we could get a large dark blue vinyl cut out of a logo, maybe something like this. And lay it on the hood, over the white base before we clear it. By the way if you guys want to save time and money, we could also do that with the large motorgen logos on the side. Have some large neon orange vinyls made, put them on the white base after it dries for a few hours, then clear over vinyl. That's a great clean way to get a custom look.

. . .

If you guys like this idea, we should have Steve photoshop a nice one.

This guy cleared over an autobots logo on this motorcyle. You can't even tell that it was vinyl.

. . .
I think we'll go blue pearl over white with the candy orange lettering. I'd like to paint the engine bay and interior as well. Gentleman, get ready to sand and prep, this bit will be labor intensive.

I also really like the direction of the RX Snake logo you mocked up. My only concern would be the IP rights to the snake. Especially considering Ford's penchant for going after enthusiasts for your using their trademarks. It's a touchy area.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #7
Graphics B*tch

Here is a very rough concept for the RX-Snake Logo. Let me know what you guys think.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 01-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #8
Super Moderator

It's cool. I vote for mine over that one... but nicely done. Make one that looks like mine and let's make a poll.

I think it's funny that RX was supposed to stand for rotary experimental, so we're getting rid of the wrong part of the model name. Not that 7 is any more an indication of the car than RX, I think 7 denotes the 7th attempt?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:34 AM   #9
I, Vettezuki

I actually like them both. But whatever we do, can we make it so we don't get sued by Ford. Thanks.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-05-2009, 06:59 AM   #10
Graphics B*tch

That was my reasoning for doing the snake the way I did it, don't want motorgen to get sued. I will have to do some more rough concepts for people to possibly vote on and then make a really good one.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten