Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-21-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Would you rather?

Drive a sleeper grandma car? (Like BGN8711) Sorry Brian. (And you can't customize it aesthetically) Or, drive a sweet looking sporty slow car, and I mean slow, like a Corvette with a Mazda B2300 engine? (And obviously, you can't modify it mechanically).

And which car would you choose? And this will be your daily driver, and your only car.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:38 AM   #2
Super Moderator

I would go with the Mercedes CLS 63AMG. How would I make it fast? Who knows, maybe ditch some of the worthless interior stuff and drop 1000 lbs, and pay Mercedes $30,000 for a tune to up the boost.

But yeah, that's my car of choice.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:18 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I would go with the Mercedes CLS 63AMG. How would I make it fast? Who knows, maybe ditch some of the worthless interior stuff and drop 1000 lbs, and pay Mercedes $30,000 for a tune to up the boost.

But yeah, that's my car of choice.

Back off the crack yo. Your original question is interesting. Put in a poll. My hypothesis is most here would go for the sleeper vibe. Hell, that plus laziness is why I left my Cross Fire badges on my 82' Vette. Not long after the swap more than a few fellow travellers realized I might have something a little extra going on. So I got both, a good looking sleeper.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-21-2008, 03:15 AM   #4
Super Moderator

What's wrong with my CLS? It meets the grandma qualifications, has one of the most, if not the most refined high hp setups on the market for a grandma car. Annnd, it would be comfortable as hell to drive everday. Annnnnnd, it's a Mercedes, ergo, babe magnet.

"Does this car come with pussy magnet? If I give good price will you intsall pussy magnet for me?"
Old 12-21-2008, 03:17 AM   #5
Super Moderator

And you can add a poll if you want, I deliberately left one out to force people to explain their decisions in a post.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:59 AM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
What's wrong with my CLS? It meets the grandma qualifications, has one of the most, if not the most refined high hp setups on the market for a grandma car.
How many grandmas you see driving a CLS? It's the car of high powered (or wannabe high powered) business types.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-21-2008, 10:42 AM   #7

damn thats a hard ass choice!!!

actually if you would slightly mod the corvette discription to the concept vette of the 70's that had a 400hp rotory engine *still mazda lol* id be all over that like a black guy on fried chicken.......hmmmm i dont got the vette but i think i do have some chicken in the fridge :-D

and also beauty is in the eye of the cars owner, some people i know actually think the vettes ugly!!!! and i think the evo is a beautiful car but ive heard plenty of people and magazines and even the LA times call the evo an ugly car....so....ya......lol

but i think most people would end up taking the vette.....because its a puss magnet and for those hardcore people otherwise known as chevy owners are gonna always somehow find a way to shove an LSX engine in everything they own lol so its win win

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
How many grandmas you see driving a CLS? It's the car of high powered (or wannabe high powered) business types.
That's fine. And I'm sure that the grandmas of these high powered business types absolutely love the car.

Look, there are bigger (most of the time 4 door) comfy cars like the Cadillac Seville, the CLS, the Monte Carlo, the Impala, the Ford 500... that Grandma would absolutely love to own... $120K or not.

Then there are other cars like the Civic, the Jeep Wrangler, the Nissan Murano, cars that don't concern this post.

Then there are sporty cars. Like the Corvette, the Camaro, the SRT4, the Cobra, the Ferrari F430... And if you're a high class business type, and you want a sporty car, you'll go after the SL63 AMG. But in my scenario, the SL would be slow as doody, and the CLS would be as fast as the F430.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
damn thats a hard ass choice!!!

actually if you would slightly mod the corvette discription to the concept vette of the 70's that had a 400hp rotory engine *still mazda lol* id be all over that like a black guy on fried chicken.......hmmmm i dont got the vette but i think i do have some chicken in the fridge :-D

and also beauty is in the eye of the cars owner, some people i know actually think the vettes ugly!!!! and i think the evo is a beautiful car but ive heard plenty of people and magazines and even the LA times call the evo an ugly car....so....ya......lol

but i think most people would end up taking the vette.....because its a puss magnet and for those hardcore people otherwise known as chevy owners are gonna always somehow find a way to shove an LSX engine in everything they own lol so its win win
Doesn't have to be a Vette at all. Could be your Evo with the B2300, vs. a Seville with a Twin Turbo LS7.

And that was an obscure reference about the rotary Corvette. Did you know that they produced a concept rotary Corvette in the 70s? Or was that coincidence?
Old 12-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Here's a game for you zuki, match them up and you get 10 points.

A . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 Econo Box

B . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 Sports Car

C . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3 Grand Ma's Whip