Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #51
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Sounds good. We are still on for next weekend right? John you still coming?
We are still on. Are you driving your truck out because we need to pick up my engine hoist from John's house. I also don't have a spare engine stand since the 454 is on one, Guy has one and John has another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Coil bind could definitely be an issue. Probably the best idea to have everything gone through after breaking 2 rockers. I have a new set if lifters if you want them and those ARP head bolts as well.
Thanks, I do need lifters because the exhaust one on cylinder 1 took a beating but I already ARP head bolts.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #52
pain's fun, hit me again

Well they're yours anyways for the spare engine i know you'll build. Lifters are a bit dusty but i'll clean them up before i give them to you.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #53
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
We are still on. Are you driving your truck out because we need to pick up my engine hoist from John's house. I also don't have a spare engine stand since the 454 is on one, Guy has one and John has another.
I will bring the truck. We can grab both the hoist and stand from John (if John does not mind us borrowing it). I need to figure out what Upper BJs I need for the truck so maybe we can figure that out as well. The Guy at Outlaw off-road suggested a moog K6292 which is for a Chevy after seeing my upper arms, but he said he could not be sure without seeing my stock ones to check some measurements.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 07-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #54
Fast & Filthy

I've spent about 30 hours now porting the heads and I'm finally done. I hope what I think will flow well actually does or I just ruined a set of $1,600 heads. That would suck! I'm going to take them over to Pacific Engine sometime this week. I'm also port matching the lower intake but just barely started that tonight. Here are some pictures.

Before.

After.

Intake manifold.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #55
pain's fun, hit me again

Is there any reason why you didnt blend the valve pocket into the runner? Unless you did and I cant tell from the pics.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #56
I, Vettezuki

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #57
Fast & Filthy

I did, it's just hard to tell in the pictures.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #58
pain's fun, hit me again

I was just going by this picture

Looks like the sharp edge of the pocket is still there and it could still be opened up a ways towards the seat.
It's my understanding that the largest gains come from opening up and smoothing the pocket. Then again its difficult to tell. Work looks great either way, did you find somewhere to flow test them?

Stopping the world!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #59
Fast & Filthy

If you're talking about the short side radius I circled in the picture, then no I didn't touch it. It looks sharp in the picture but it's not. It has a nice round shape to it already so I didn't have to reshape it. The same goes for the exhaust.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #60
pain's fun, hit me again

gotcha, thats why i was asking. My AFR's looked horrible so i assumed yours would look similar if untouched

Stopping the world!