Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-31-2009, 12:09 PM   #41
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Customer asked me what the difference is between polished and chrome.
You know, I'm gonna back him up on that. If you don't know you don't know. You only know they both have something to do with shiny. God you're mean.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-31-2009, 01:27 PM   #42

Send a message via AIM to Chate

Quote:
Ok, try this from a customer ( true conversation):
"I cut the hose too short. So I cut it again and it is still too short. How much more do I cut off to make it fit"?

WOW man i think u just ran into the bottom-of-the-barrel.

People arent dumb, they're generally just ignorant...at least that's what i've come to believe in my short life. When something gets them motivated about a subject, they really end up surprising me (only example i have is when folks become diabetic- we have pts who come in (usually overweight, unhealthy lifestyle etc etc) dont know their Blood pressure meds from their m&ms, then one day they walk in with their paperwork to get insulin and BG monitoring equipment and honestly, within 30-45 days they become mini-experts!

The american public just needs a push sometimes....all the time...
Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 PM   #43
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chate View Post

People arent dumb, they're generally just ignorant...at least that's what i've come to believe in my short life. When something gets them motivated about a subject, they really end up surprising me (only example i have is when folks become diabetic- we have pts who come in (usually overweight, unhealthy lifestyle etc etc) dont know their Blood pressure meds from their m&ms, then one day they walk in with their paperwork to get insulin and BG monitoring equipment and honestly, within 30-45 days they become mini-experts!

I tend to agree quite strongly. One of the things I resent is the notion that not only is a large portion of the public dumb, but that they are somehow incapable of improving. I don't think so. Except for the guy who called about cutting the hose . . . he's probably got some bad wiring.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #44
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chate View Post

I'm sorry to disagree. Most American are just plain stupid. Sorry.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-31-2009, 02:23 PM   #45
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I tend to agree quite strongly. One of the things I resent is the notion that not only is a large portion of the public dumb, but that they are somehow incapable of improving. I don't think so. Except for the guy who called about cutting the hose . . . he's probably got some bad wiring.
Again, sorry to disagree. MOST Americans are just plain stupid.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-31-2009, 02:24 PM   #46
Neanderthal

Quote:
You know, I'm gonna back him up on that. If you don't know you don't know. You only know they both have something to do with shiny. God you're mean.
When, in your short life, did you know the difference between polished and chrome???
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #47
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
When, in your short life, did you know the difference between polished and chrome???
Not sure. Keep in mind people throw around Polished Aluminum and Polished Chrome, and Satin Finish and just Chrome pretty willy nilly. Nevermind the fact that you can technically "polish" as a process virtually anything, including glass, plastic and steal. Anyways, I've got class and prefer nickel plating. Now, aren' you glad you asked?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-31-2009, 03:16 PM   #48
Neanderthal

Quote:
Not sure. Keep in mind people throw around Polished Aluminum and Polished Chrome, and Satin Finish and just Chrome pretty willy nilly. Nevermind the fact that you can technically "polish" as a process virtually anything, including glass, plastic and steal. Anyways, I've got class and prefer nickel plating. Now, aren' you glad you asked?
I just love the way you write.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #49

Old 03-31-2009, 04:34 PM   #50
Neanderthal

I'm sorry to me so "mean" (as Ben puts it) it's just true. I'm not the only one that has noticed this stupid trend. I started asking other "Techs" at other companies and they have noticed the same thing.

Face it people; the dumbing down of American (not just U.S. citizens) has started and is growing as we "speak".

I speak to people all over the world and they (in most cases) are a joy to talk to. They are quick thinking and just plain smarter than the "average" person I talk to every day from the Americas.

2016 Nissan Altma