Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-24-2010, 01:38 AM   #351
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Keep going, let's ditch all of those seams.
I thought we remove the ones on the front and rear quarter panel, but keep the one on the side.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #352
I, Vettezuki

Some work we did on July 1.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #353
pain's fun, hit me again

Looks like fun, when i get some spare time and my car is all tightened up i'll see if i cant come out and lend a hand
Old 07-10-2010, 03:21 AM   #354
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Looks like fun, when i get some spare time and my car is all tightened up i'll see if i cant come out and lend a hand
Always welcome. We're moving along, but have a long way to go still.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-10-2010, 03:28 AM   #355
I, Vettezuki

Some pics from last Thursday.

Drilling out the spot welds to remove the "tub" for the spare tire.

Cutting part of the front bumper mold in preparation for separating the mold from the buck (pattern).

Some sort of boat rigging Aaron concocted to keep things together.

You have to be patient. Wedges are used to begin separating the mold from the pattern.

Force comes in handy too.

And pop, there it is.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #356
pain's fun, hit me again

sweet
Old 07-17-2010, 12:26 AM   #357
I, Vettezuki

Here's the vid from that night.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-28-2010, 01:21 AM   #358
I, Vettezuki

Here's a vid from earlier in the day, cutting out the wheel well.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-28-2010, 02:33 AM   #359
I, Vettezuki

After cutting out the wheel well, we welded in a 1x3 piece of box tube to replace the stock intrusion protection. This was necessary because we're make a whole different rear bumper and diffuser and the stock one made the lines I was after impossible.

Just a couple pics.

Basically this is what was exposed on the ends of the frame rails (or whatever the end of a uniobdy is called) after pull off the mounting tabs for the OEM bumper. We cleaned this up before welding of course.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #360
pain's fun, hit me again

Nice