Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #41

Received 2 tickets from the same Bike LEO several years back at what I suspect would be the same location. On Beach, just coming up from the dip under where the train passes overhead. Tickets were 2 or 3 years apart, but definitely the same LEO. Speeding, both cases. Maybe 7 or 8 years ago timeframe. I haven't seen him there at that same spot in several years now.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #42
I, Vettezuki

Filling out my trial by declaration now. Should be a slam dunk.

CVC 40802.
40802. (a) A "speed trap" is either of the following:

(2) A particular section of a highway with a prima facie speed limit that is provided by this code or by local ordinance under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 22352, or established under Section 22354, 22357, 22358, or 22358.3, if that prima facie speed limit is not justified by an engineering and traffic survey conducted within five years prior to the date of the alleged violation, and enforcement of the speed limit involves the use of radar or any other electronic device that measures the speed of moving objects. . . .

Then I show the date of the "alleged violation."

Then I append a copy of the Speed Zone Survey from February 2003 (a giant PITA to get), which does not include any extenuating addendum.

Well, let's see how this goes.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #43

The speed survey is 5 years? Sweet I might have to fight my last one.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #44
I, Vettezuki

Default Roma Victor!

It took a fair bit of work, but "Not Guilty" was worth it. No points, no fees. Too bad I can't get back the waste of time. Every citizen who has even the slightest inkling they've received a BS ticket should fight it. Probably the best technique is

1) Delay as much as possible.
2) Submit for trial by declaration.

In my case it was a slam dunk, it literally was just the definition of a speedtrap, but the clincher was that the speed survey was out of date, making the method for measuring speed invalid.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #45

YAY !!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #46
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Nice work dude - fight the power.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #47
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Nice work dude - fight the power.
Indeed.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #48
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Did the cop even show up?
Old 12-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #49
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Did the cop even show up?
Trial by declaration. I don't actually know if he even responded. Honestly, in this case there was nothing to decide. The law states clearly the method for measuring speed was invalid because of the out of date speed survey, so he may have just punted. Wish I knew happened internally actually. Ah well.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #50

For future reference here's a nice outline a guy made for those who don't know how to do a trial by declaration.
http://www.ticketassassin.com/fight.html

I recently got hit by a ticket trap going down Harbor before Imperial in Fullerton. Harbor was down to one lane so I decided to pull into the best buy parking lot along with about 5 other cars before me. Unfortunately, about 5 motorcycle cops were waiting there with lights flashing

They got me for failure to make a right turn in a right turn only lane that led to literally nothing but a dead end alleyway and a couple businesses. I bit the bullet and paid $250 plus traffic school to the man.