Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

The first of the videos is rendering. I remember why I didn't do more from this session. They MOV files using some obscure codec that takes FOREVER to conform. Never fear, it'll be up in a couple hours at the latest.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Didn't go looking for "awesome laps" only ones where I could easily identify a lap marker.

Day 1
Day 2

Older vid (same outting) with a Ferrari for fun. No window burn.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #13
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Didn't go looking for "awesome laps" only ones where I could easily identify a lap marker.

Day 1 (coming)
Day 2
Sweet vid. Could not wait for you to pass the Civic so I did not have to listen to the whinning!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 04-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Added Day 1 and linked in an older vid with a Ferrari just for hoots. Someday if I really can't sleep and find something better to do I'll cut together all the sections where Carlos is swearing.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #15
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Sweet vid. Could not wait for you to pass the Civic so I did not have to listen to the whinning!
Well by that time I was pretty frustrated. These videos were from last November before I was running R compound tires. That civic ended up blowing it's motor and the blue 240 forced me off the track the next day.

It's agrevating to be stuck behind a slower car in TT where people are supposed to give way. Think about it everyone is going for clap to get a baseline and start whittling down. Add the fact that that Porsche Turbo and I were to only non caged cars with slicks then you can see how stars need to align to get some clean laps in.

It frustrasting like trying to merge on the freeway and being stuck behind a slow ass Yellow Mach Mustang.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:08 AM   #16
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
It frustrasting like trying to merge on the freeway and being stuck behind a slow ass Yellow Mach Mustang.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Now begin the countdown until Leedom reminds me he can kick my butt )
Old 04-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #17
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Hey do you at least know what direction theyare running? The track if completely different clockwise versus counter.
I don't know which direction or which configuration. It is still over two months away so I might find out when it gets closer but no yet. I'm just trying to get prepared because basically I’m overly excited and can’t help it.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Post some laps and I'll put some notes. . . .
Well, they're up. Let's get some in depth analysis.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-16-2009, 05:44 PM   #19
Fast & Filthy

So I had my photo/video shoot yesterday and found out what a few of the cars are that I will be going up against. Looks like the import mags brought in ringers for the competition which blows.

First off representing Honda Tuning is the Sport Car Motion Sponsored 1994 Honda Civic owned by Loi Song, owner of Sport Car Motion. He races the car in the NASA TT series and I found out that his times are in the 1:58 range.

Next up representing Import Tuner is the AMS sponsored 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X owned by Ryan Gates. He also races in the NASA TT series and was the 2008 National Champion. He runs in the 1:56 range. You can read all about him and his car at www.gates311.com

The last car I know for sure representing Super Street is the Technosquare sponsored 2003 Nissan 350Z owned by Cheston Chiu. He races his car at NASA HPDE but has friends who are professional drivers so I'm sure he will not be driving his own car. I don't know what times he runs but I do know that the car makes 500rwhp.

So I now need to know from Carlos, have you ever run track 13 clockwise in your Vette and if so what times do you run? Also, I will be installing Maximum Motorsports Road and Track Box on my Cobra and will have either the NT01 ot the R888's. Do you think I will be able to come close to running under a 2:00? I found out that there is a 99% chance we will not be running configuration 13 but I just want to know what you think.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #20
Internet Tough Guy

Day 1 counter clockwise:
04 sec: Pass the start finish line. Slower traffic keep left! Check you mirrors before pulling out to pass. The front straight is a good time to relax your grip, BREATH, and refocus.
07 sec: on the left hand side you will see a portion of the track that is not used (not in this configuration) I start breaking on the far end (the endclosest to the corner). When you get on the brakes apply slight pressure then go into threshold braking. This will transfer the wieght forward prior to applying full force and help you threshold break. Downshift as you finish your braking.
10 sec: This first corner is a classic 90 degree corner . So stay wide hit a normal center apex and start feeding in throttle at the apex.
13 sec: You can see I missed the apex by 2 ft (at least).
16 sec: get on the throttle as you unwind the wheel. The rumble strips are there for a little extra runout room, but they end abruptly.
21 sec: I stay as far left as possible and commence braking at the beginning of the rumble strips.
23 sec: Again noromal apexes through the esses. Until the second to last one. I will late apex the second to last on and run over (sometimes) the last one to line the car up for the carrosel.
31 sec: I didn’t run over the curbbing for the last carosel due to suspension issues (first time with KWs ans they were not set up/ car way way to low). You can see how I’m pinched in for the carosel. This alone will cost you a second.
33 sec: when in the carosel try to keep the car on the darker black asphalt. I just felt their was more grip their. At least it ws their last November.
43 sec: OK you can see how much more room there was to my right that I didn’t use. I wasn’t feeling it that day, but you can be much more aggressive with the throttle than I was. Get on it and let it move out to the rumble strips. There is so much more room there.
46 sec: bring the car to the left and you pass this turn don’t worry about clipping the apex focus more on lining the car up for going up “magic mountain”.
47 sec: straighten the car out on the left side and brake aggresively. The following section will have some elevation changes.
50 sec: You want to be 1 full car length to the right of where I was. Brake as necessary and prepare to turn-in
55 sec: Again I was being a pussy with the throttle, but you can see how much run out was available to my right as I exited.
59 sec: easy right hander nor flat out, but modulate the throttle as necessaray.
1:03: This is “riverside” a long constant radious turn that straightens out at the end. Set the car half a car width outside of center and try to set the wheel in one position and throttle steer. You will know when ou get it right because the arc will carry you all the way to the breaking point for the bus stop.
1:16: Get all the way left and start breaking at the beginning of the black asphalt mark nexttot the curbing.