Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default BitCoin

It's a fascinating technology designed as secure, unhackable and untraceable virtual P2P currency. The underlying tech and security mechanism is very interesting. I like it for it's potential revolutionary implications.

http://www.bitcoin.org/

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It's a fascinating technology designed as secure, unhackable and untraceable virtual P2P currency. The underlying tech and security mechanism is very interesting. I like it for it's potential revolutionary implications.

http://www.bitcoin.org/
I have about 10 bitcoin's right now
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 05-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
I'm going to starting running the process. There's more and more people taking them for tangible goods. We'll see. It's interesting because it doesn't really fit neatly into existing theories of money. It's "fiat" in that it's not backed by anything tangible, but has scarcity rigorously built into the system and cannot be arbitrarily inflated/deflated.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
This is a BitStickUp gimme your BitCoins or you're gonna get BitBlasted with my BitGat, this is fun.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #5

I wonder how long this will last before the Feds step in. Stealing is only illegal because the Feds hate competition.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 06-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Subversively undermining governments through counter-economic revolution is fun. All the cool kids are doing it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
I wonder how long this will last before the Feds step in. Stealing is only illegal because the Feds hate competition.

Bob
They will start with saying it's a "CON". Then they step in to protect us.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post

Bob
Not long

Senators seek crackdown on Bitcoin Currency.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7573T320110608

However, the the currencys depend on a P2P Tor network, and they won't take that down. Why? The feds use it for their own secure tunnels and it only works if there are tons of nodes on the network. It's wonderful when you can poke them in the eye with their own stick.

Go Fu*k yourself Chuck. (Schumer, not you Chuck. lol).

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

And Reuters can't even get their facts straight.

Quote:
However, Bitcoins must be purchased with real money; of late, they have been selling for roughly $10 each.

A, it's more like $30 now. B, no. They can be generated. C. No. You can earn through your own business. It's a currency. It facilitates trade among market actors. But it is gloriously untraceable and has nothing to do with governments at all.

Nakamoto-san

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Not long

Senators seek crackdown on Bitcoin Currency.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7573T320110608

However, the the currencys depend on a P2P Tor network, and they won't take that down. Why? The feds use it for their own secure tunnels and it only works if there are tons of nodes on the network. It's wonderful when you can poke them in the eye with their own stick.

Go Fu*k yourself Chuck. (Schumer, not you Chuck. lol).
Wooo, oh okay never mind.

So each of these cyber coins are worth 30 bucks WTF?

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.