Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: Should I listen to Sean
Forged A&A 402 5 100.00%
122 Maggie 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Your motor sounded like a high compression build to me. Unless you can get the CR down to at least 9.5 with a HG I would build NA. I know magnachargers are efficient and yadi yadi but unless you can put 8lbs on it safely using only 91, not worth it.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #12
Internet Tough Guy

Sorry dude, No high compression motor here. It was intentionally left at the factory compression because there was a possibility of adding a blower later. I am impressed that you can hear the difference between a high and average compression motor though.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

BA, is the A&A Cam a custom grind or an off the shelf unit?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Sorry dude, No high compression motor here. It was intentionally left at the factory compression because there was a possibility of adding a blower later. I am impressed that you can hear the difference between a high and average compression motor though.
Well I'd be willing to bet that even a stock LS2 has relatively high compression. Not that I can hear a difference, but since your motor sounded raspy and lopey I assumed that you would have upped the compression to compensate for that monster cam you've got.

I guess now it's a good thing that you didn't.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #15
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I think LS2's are 10.9 to 1 stock
Old 06-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Carlos, would you consider a High Nickle steal block? I know a place that will build a complete 402, fully forged, short block for $3k~. A set of AFR like 225 heads is $1,500. So that's about $4,500. You could sell your LS2 Long block for about $2k (I think, maybe a little more, maybe a little less). So you might be able to get into a 402 Short Block w/Heads for less than $3k net. This block is good for something ridiculous, to like 1,500HP all day long, so you could spray in stages up to absurd levels for the strip, but keep the 402 NA for the road course. Yes it's heavier than the aluminum block, roughly 100lbs I think.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #17
FWD = FAIL

Without question do the 402 specially if you want to still be competitive...Well more competitive then with the blower. Heat soak sucks so does the added weight. Also n/a motors are great for the track if cammed right and built right. You should hit up Ryne at CMS. He is like the so cal god of lsx motors/cars just pick his brain.

Their website sucks but he is into making gm cars faster not websites lol.
http://www.cunningham-motorsports.com/
Ryne Cunningham
Cunningham Motorsports
Specializing In Late Model EFI Performance.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Shop: (951)471-2898
Cell: (951)375-2453

Ryne-CMS@Hotmail.com
Old 06-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Carlos, would you consider a High Nickle steal block? I know a place that will build a complete 402, fully forged, short block for $3k~. A set of AFR like 225 heads is $1,500. So that's about $4,500. You could sell your LS2 Long block for about $2k (I think, maybe a little more, maybe a little less). So you might be able to get into a 402 Short Block w/Heads for less than $3k net. This block is good for something ridiculous, to like 1,500HP all day long, so you could spray in stages up to absurd levels for the strip, but keep the 402 NA for the road course. Yes it's heavier than the aluminum block, roughly 100lbs I think.
heypal has given some good additional info.

About the steel block I'm talking about, it's also siamese bored. It's pretty much a full on thrasher block. Can go up to 463ci.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #19
Internet Tough Guy

I think think a steel block would be what I'm looking for. I am pretty sure that I will be going with the 402, but I'm thinking of just buying the cam and rotating assembly and having it assembled. A 463 would be bad ass, but at that point I would just go with teh LSX block.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I think think a steel block would be what I'm looking for. I am pretty sure that I will be going with the 402, but I'm thinking of just buying the cam and rotating assembly and having it assembled. A 463 would be bad ass, but at that point I would just go with teh LSX block.
Would be or would not be?

I'm pretty sure a 402 stroker kit (a la Lunati) into your stock LS2 block will require some minor notching, if not machining. The $3g I mentioned is a 402 assembled steel block. I'll PM you with the contact info should you wish to follow up any further. Let's say the block bares some striking resemblances to the LSX block. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)