Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #1

Default Suspension Work

I have been drag racing my car for years and still want to but I also want to make the car a little roadrace ready. Not to mention I'm sure some of the parts could use replacing as I just rolled 140,000 miles. *motor was replaced at 108,000 with MMR stroker*
BUT I have no idea where I should start?

2011 Mustang GT
2001 Mustang GT -SOLD
Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

Panhard bar, subframes, bilstein dampeners, c/c plates, and a torque arm will satisfy all your needs
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
Graphics B*tch

I would do it in this order

Subframes, c/c plates, rear lower control arms (drag race launches), Panhard bar, bilsteins

I have hit up Maximum Motorsports for all my suspension needs and am very happy. Great product and great installation instructions. I have not needed their customer service but I hear it it top notch. They are in San Louis Obispo so shipping is supper quick.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 08-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

If we're going in order of importance. Panhard bar, control arms and bilsteins. c/c plates for later, only truly need them for aggressive camber settings, the stock ones are good for 1.5* negative.

Panhard first for sure though.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
If we're going in order of importance. Panhard bar, control arms and bilsteins. c/c plates for later, only truly need them for aggressive camber settings, the stock ones are good for 1.5* negative.

Panhard first for sure though.
I have MM CC plates (but GTR told me the "cup" on one of the CC plates is bad) and yellow shocks that say saleen on them and full Sub frame connectors. *came with the car*.
Everything else is stock I think. I was looking at some the the packages and I know I want a tube K-member so in the future I can go turbo.
If I go to full Coil-Over is that going to destroy my launch?

2011 Mustang GT
2001 Mustang GT -SOLD
Old 08-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

im pretty sure if you call MM they will replace that c/c plate. Coil overs can either help, or hurt or make both better, all depends on the dampeners and spring rate choice. I'd do a coil over conversion with HD shocks and struts and a 200lb-250lb spring up front and rear all depends if you want to go T/A or not. Get a panhard first though, you'll be happy

Stopping the world!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #7

What does the panhard do?

2011 Mustang GT
2001 Mustang GT -SOLD
Old 08-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
pain's fun, hit me again

Locates the axle in side to side motion. Gets rid of rear end instability and gives it a defined predictability. VERY helpful on a mustang.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #9

The best handling Mustang I rode in had this Open Track system installed. Turn in was incredible and the rear stayed planted.

http://www.griggsracing.com/index.ph...4312_4358_4411

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 08-14-2011, 02:29 AM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
The best handling Mustang I rode in had this Open Track system installed. Turn in was incredible and the rear stayed planted.

http://www.griggsracing.com/index.ph...4312_4358_4411

Bob
Couple of things about griggs, first its 4x more expensive than MM second is griggs told me when i called before starting the build on my car that their parts are manufactured for the most weight loss possible making them NOT recomended for street use of any kind. Im sure some people do it, but from what they were saying i wouldnt. B oth companies are even for number one in terms of quality, MM beats them out on the price by far. Seeing that the full gr40 kit is around 25k last i checked and the full MM kit is around 15k. If you want to get really expensive give JME a call, their front suspension kit alone is about 20k

Stopping the world!