Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-31-2008, 07:35 PM   #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
First of all, welcome to the board. Please feel free to stick around after this whole thing is resolved by the way. As for the offer of taking the heads, that sounds like a reasonable compromise on your part and if you can get them faster than the cash seems like a good idea. How about it Durango?
Yeah...you know I meant be gone from this thread, or any thread about DB. This site is fine!!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:47 PM   #432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango_Boy View Post
Like I said I considered that some time ago but I really didn't want to create more of a problem by sending them to him. The damage to the mating surface is one down side he would have to deal with, and I wouldn't feel comfortable with what might happen if I send them and he's still unhappy with them and the situation. Then he'd be stuck with the heads modified for my engine and still no money.
Matt, send me your one good head with steam holes drilled and the one good head from my set where you damaged one by dropping it. That would get me one good set and I will call us even. This way you won't need to lose any sleep over my getting any damaged parts, and meet your obligation. I can easily deal with the steam holes in one head. Make your New Years resolution to resolve this issue now!

Old 12-31-2008, 08:53 PM   #433
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Matt, send me your one good head with steam holes drilled and the one good head from my set where you damaged one by dropping it. That would get me one good set and I will call us even. This way you won't need to lose any sleep over my getting any damaged parts, and meet your obligation. I can easily deal with the steam holes in one head. Make your New Years resolution to resolve this issue now!
What an excellent, noble idea. Well DB? It sounds like he is willing to work with you in an equitable way.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:27 PM   #434
Heart Attack

D_B won't do it,that would inconvenience him because then he would need another head for his motor. Instead he will just try and talk his way out of it as usual in that d_b fashion BS artist that he is.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:55 PM   #435

Maybe D_B's two pal's that think the world of him should send Red a check for the full amount and then they can collect the money from him. I know if a friend of mine was in this position I would do that in a second (even tho a friend of mine would NEVER have been in this position in the first place)

Red you are a real stand up guy I have never seen someone give someone so many chances to make a deal right. You have my respect and sympathies.

Ray

Old 12-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #436
Power's off.

Wasn't superman about "Truith, justice, and the American way?" So much for the first two.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:21 PM   #437
Power's off.

I'm truly sorry Red. If one person realised what this was all about, it will have been worth it. Somehow, American values have really gone to hell. Reasons have morphed into excuses. Work has been replaced by "getting by."
Kids are "looking for a career" at age 30. I went to University for two years, then got into the IBEW appreticeship and spent 4 years EARNING a career.
Have I fucked up, hell yeh. But I never lost sight of the morales taught by my father. I have always tried to do the right thing, but I'm not claiming sainthood either.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #438

Don't drink the koolaid!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:01 AM   #439
Heart Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatordude View Post

Don't drink the koolaid!
Now that there is funny Beware of the Kool-aid dispensing super hero

D_B since you have so many friends that speak on your behalf,about what kind of stand up,generous,giving,donating,and soon to be accepted into Saint hood,guy that you are. How come none of them give you the money to take of your debt???????????????????

Insert your pathetic story here.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:08 AM   #440

The problem is people are looking for a career that pays big money TO START. With the economy going down the drain those jobs will be non-existent. A "good JOB" in todays market is gonna end up being a Walmart greeter or flipping burgers at the local fast food chain. Many people won't take those jobs, so they sponge off girlfriends, parents, or society. Or they will turn to a life of crime, which includes scamming and FRAUD. The ones that pick scamming and fraud better be ready for the consequences. All it takes is ripping off the wrong guy and you will get a visit from "fat Louie", and he doesn't give a damn about BS excuses.