Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-13-2008, 02:41 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to vonage6591

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
I used the same argument with Sean about having some basic shirts we wore at track days and he is scared of becoming too commercial.
Too commercial???
Old 05-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #22
Graphics B*tch

He does not want people to thing we are there to sell stuff and promote like a out of touch with the roots of the company corporation. I think that is how he looks at it.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 05-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #23

Quote:
He does not want people to thing we are there to sell stuff and promote like a out of touch with the roots of the company corporation. I think that is how he looks at it.
Ahhhhhhh, I was thinking he was thinking it would make it too commercial by having too many visitors to the site and i was rather confused by that.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture View Post
Alright, I just got off the phone with my friend Kyle.

For a single color on the front with a small logo on the chest pocket area and a full size, full color (5-6 color levels) logo across the back it would cost about $10 for black and $8 for white. Black is more work and they have to lay down a white layer first so the colors show up. The quote was for 100 Haynes Beefy Tees in an assortment of sizes.

He said if I sent over an image he could give me an exact quote. Send me a high-res rendering of the logo and I'll clean it up so it's tshirt friendly and email it to him.
That sounds considerably more reasonable. We're now looking at 8 bills for 100 beefy T solid white with small color on front and large logo on back.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #25
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
There is only one goal to promotion . . . get people to the site. Swag is a ubiquitous and reasonably effective method. How many Summit hats, T-Shirts, and stickers do you see; and they are about nothing but selling (good for them.)

We're about people. (Now I sound like a Hippy.) Once we get people to the site, they can explore on their own and decide if its worth their time or not. It's the American way.

When I see a site or club t-shirt and it seems reasonably interesting, I'll check it out. About the only way it's a bad idea is if a person who was going to come see the site, decides NOT to because he sees a shirt, which is rather hard for me to imagine.

Thoughts?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #26
Graphics B*tch

I agree with you Ben. We are going to the track and taping so that people will come to the site. We hand them cards. What is the difference in handing them cards or them seeing us taping and seeing the logo on the shirt. I personally think it makes us approaching them seem more legit anyway. As long as we are not the biggest idiot at the track then people might come if they see the logo on the shirt. By wearing the shirts more people will be exposed to the site than may have been. I see the shirts as a good thing. Do you guys need to make about 100 of them? When I was pitching this idea to Sean I was thinking more of enough shirts for people closer to the site. Not just handing them out to people for the hell of it.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 05-13-2008, 05:16 PM   #27

Quote:
When I was pitching this idea to Sean I was thinking more of enough shirts for people closer to the site. Not just handing them out to people for the hell of it.
Yeah I agree with you 100%, you can't be responsible of the conduct of random people who would be associated with the site if they were to be handed out.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:16 PM   #28
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonage6591 View Post
Yeah I agree with you 100%, you can't be responsible of the conduct of random people who would be associated with the site if they were to be handed out.
Do we have to be responsible for what Brian does?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-13-2008, 08:13 PM   #29
A Motorgen O.G.

Regardless, any good printing company is going to require 100 shirt minimum. It's too expensive to make the screens for any less. I mean sure you could have them make less shirts... they'll just charge for expenses. You may as well get the extra shirts out of it.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture View Post
Regardless, any good printing company is going to require 100 shirt minimum. It's too expensive to make the screens for any less. I mean sure you could have them make less shirts... they'll just charge for expenses. You may as well get the extra shirts out of it.
Makes sense. Do they keep the screens on "file" for future printing? Are there lower future costs because there's no setup?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)