Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #21
Yankee Luv

Send a message via AIM to 99BlownSScamaro

i've never tried too....i dont see why you couldnt
Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #22

I will be there for sure on the 31st!

I have a question for anybody that might know the answer???

The rumor is that California Dragway (aka..AutoClub Dragway) will be shutting down the Street Legal Events Effective Jan 2010.???

can anybody confirm!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:46 AM   #23
Yankee Luv

I have heard that too but as far as I've learned it's not going to happen...I even called the speedway but couldnt get any info
Old 10-26-2009, 02:12 AM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BlownSScamaro View Post
I have heard that too but as far as I've learned it's not going to happen...I even called the speedway but couldnt get any info
Nobody has ever been able to get any info from the Speedway on anything . . . ever.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-26-2009, 02:39 AM   #25
Yankee Luv

yea what part of that doesnt surprise me lol
Old 10-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #26
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooBra07 View Post
I will be there for sure on the 31st!

I have a question for anybody that might know the answer???

The rumor is that California Dragway (aka..AutoClub Dragway) will be shutting down the Street Legal Events Effective Jan 2010.???

can anybody confirm!
I have heard the same thing. Someone from the track called me about 5 months ago and mentioned it. He said that he had seen the site and thanked us for taping runs and promoting the street legals. He said he might come along on the Angeles Crest cruise, but didn't show up. At the time he said there was a lot of pressure to shut down the events and mentioned that 2009 might be the last year.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Is anyone driving out that isn't racing that I might be able to hitch a ride from?

Husband is racing but I don't want to have 2 cars at the track, and I don't want to get up at the crack of dawn.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #28
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I have heard the same thing. Someone from the track called me about 5 months ago and mentioned it. He said that he had seen the site and thanked us for taping runs and promoting the street legals. He said he might come along on the Angeles Crest cruise, but didn't show up. At the time he said there was a lot of pressure to shut down the events and mentioned that 2009 might be the last year.

Where's the pressure coming from? Community groups or more professional drag organizations that want the track more available for competitive events?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #29

I emailed the president of Auto Club Speedway and asked him if the rumor was true that there would be no more Street Legal races after Jan 1. Here is the reply I received:

"We have never had a conversation about this. I continue to believe the rumors in the drag racing community are disruptive. My advice to you - Don’t spread them. Don’t listen to them. If it doesn’t come from us, I wouldn’t trust it."

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 10-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
I emailed the president of Auto Club Speedway and asked him if the rumor was true that there would be no more Street Legal races after Jan 1. Here is the reply I received:

"We have never had a conversation about this. I continue to believe the rumors in the drag racing community are disruptive. My advice to you - Don’t spread them. Don’t listen to them. If it doesn’t come from us, I wouldn’t trust it."
I'll put this on our MS page and spread the word there as well.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)