Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #81
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Then again, regarding Ben's car, I believe he bought the motor from someone on the East Coast who built it to run on 93... which is street gas in most parts of the U.S.
Many civilized paces in the country have gas that would run in my car, just not the DPRK, Democratic People's Repubic of Kalifoooniaa.

However, the guy I bought the motor was right here in town.

As for street car, it rides smoother and Quieter, has A/C, get's great mileage, etc. So what if takes a can of Torco now and again.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #82
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
I think to say Ron's car is a drag car is totally rediculous. If I throw a blower on my car and go with 4.10 in the rear is my car a drag car? That being said, Carlos... for what you are saying Ron has done to his Chevelle that would put you in the road racing category in my mind. You have upgraded brakes, cooling, motor, suspension...blah, blah, blah.
Yes you are right my car is in the road racing category BIG TIME. Every single modification that I have done was to achieve lower lap times on road courses. Even my cam was picked for a wider power band. The only stock suspension pieces are the A-arms, uprights and rear sway bar.

I will say Ron's car is a "street car that has been heavily modified for drag racing". I think that's a happy medium.

Ron, yes if I drove my vette on fat and skinnies with 150 shot and lake wood drag shocks (that is what 90/10s are) then I would pretty much consider it a drag car.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #83
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Many civilized paces in the country have gas that would run in my car, just not the DPRK, Democratic People's Repubic of Kalifoooniaa.

However, the guy I bought the motor was right here in town.

As for street car, it rides smoother and Quieter, has A/C, get's great mileage, etc. So what if takes a can of Torco now and again.
But.....it's.........white.............
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #84
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I will say Ron's car is a "street car that has been heavily modified for drag racing". I think that's a happy medium.
I agree with this statement.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #85
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I agree with this statement.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #86
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
But.....it's.........white.............
Before I got my C3 I didn't really like white on cars. I love it on my C3. Someday I might go with a midnight blue up front with a gradient fade into white gohst flames and white at the back, but that's money and would be nearly the last thing I'd do. As for interior color, I can't make up my mind.
- Cream/Tan - sort of like I have, classy
- Charcoal/black - works of course, but a little ho-hum (you know how I feel about that)
- two tone white and blue with brushed metal and carbon fiber - cool!, but would require careful planning for an aesthetic balance

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #87
Internet Tough Guy

So is this the longest thread in MOTORGEN history?

If Ron is the unofficial motorgen street drag king and I'm the unofficial motorgen road racer then can we crown Adam as the motorgen bench racing / dyno queen?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #88
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
If Ron is the unofficial motorgen street drag king and I'm the unofficial motorgen road racer then can we crown Adam as the motorgen bench racing / dyno queen?
This is 100% accurate
Old 10-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #89
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
This is 100% accurate
Perhaps. But I've never seen anyone, I mean anyone, do so much with so little, completely on their own, from engine building through some pretty damn nice paint and body, as Adam. And for that.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #90
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Perhaps. But I've never seen anyone, I mean anyone, do so much with so little, completely on their own, from engine building through some pretty damn nice paint and body, as Adam. And for that.
I agree, so why is everyone trying to egg him on to blow his diff. Let him enjoy it for a while.