Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #81
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
ya i know at times i forgot that not every car gives their driver the same confidence as some sports cars out there.

any who such is life the future can only get bigger and better
You should do something crazy since you have the opp. You should buy like a stripped theft salvage S2000 and drop your Evo motor in there.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You should do something crazy since you have the opp. You should buy like a stripped theft salvage S2000 and drop your Evo motor in there.
ohhhh believe me like that wasnt my plan with the starion as well.

but just like the starion the problem came up that the evo motor doesnt have a suitable rwd tranny or aftermarket bell housing to mate it to a rwd set up.

i even asked that rwd evo drift team in japan but they didnt give me any answers.

basicaly if someone can make a bell housing or an adaptor of sorts then send them my way.

also my ass doesnt fit in a s2000 too well :-( suprisingly a del sol fit me better then an s2k haha

but here are the things id love to put an evo engine in.

miata
sand rail
new eclipse
current japanese model colt
an arial atom
maybe a t-rex

other choices are strip the evo who needs airbags and body panels and throw some ignorent ass huge turbo on it and add more fuel support and make an e85 dedicated drag evo *huge turbo*, or road race evo *not as huge turbo but still bigger*

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #83
Super Moderator

Quote:

but just like the starion the problem came up that the evo motor doesnt have a suitable rwd tranny or aftermarket bell housing to mate it to a rwd set up.

i even asked that rwd evo drift team in japan but they didnt give me any answers.

basicaly if someone can make a bell housing or an adaptor of sorts then send them my way.

also my ass doesnt fit in a s2000 too well :-( suprisingly a del sol fit me better then an s2k haha

but here are the things id love to put an evo engine in.

miata
sand rail
new eclipse
current japanese model colt
an arial atom
maybe a t-rex

other choices are strip the evo who needs airbags and body panels and throw some ignorent ass huge turbo on it and add more fuel support and make an e85 dedicated drag evo *huge turbo*, or road race evo *not as huge turbo but still bigger*
Last three cars went over my head. How much power can a stock (I'm assuming yours is) Evo drivetrain take? And how much tire can it take?

Where did you find that auction Evo btw? I've been thinking about going to an auction with a wad of cash looking for a bike.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #84

Quote:
Last three cars went over my head. How much power can a stock (I'm assuming yours is) Evo drivetrain take? And how much tire can it take?

Where did you find that auction Evo btw? I've been thinking about going to an auction with a wad of cash looking for a bike.
well here is the first one

and coming from a guy that likes bikes i thought u would have known the last 2

atom =

and here is the t-rex

evo drivetrain is looking like if you dont launch it 700-800hp w/o harrassing shifting, but if you wanna launch alot keep it too 600hp and a nice clutch.

as for the auction i can look them up only because my friends dad has a dealer license to buy from auction and he is cool with helping out anyone who is looking for an auctioned vehical. what type of bilke are u looking for? and also are u looking for a hit one or theft recovery?

i wish they would be able to let anyone walk into an auction but they wont i tryed once :-(

Old 03-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #85
I, Vettezuki

Quote:

What about FWD? THis is for me. Would a stock Evo engine work with a typical FWD Transaxle like in a Protege 5 for example. . .

Quote:
Send the EXACT question you want and I will translate to Japanese for you.

Quote:
How much are you willin to pay? I have access to a 4-axis machine. If you know some who can program CNC or do SolidWorks models, this is not totally out of the question. You are talking some money (certainly over $1g) in the best case.

I would LOVE to build a smog exempt 240 with an Evo setup. That'd be baller.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #86
I, Vettezuki

Oh, BTW, my brother wants to build a 3 wheeled car type thingy. We were thinking of using a liter bike motor, but an Evo motor would work pretty well too.

Here's an early drawing.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #87

essentually anything that the eclipse 89-99 turbo motors can fit in, the evo motor will fit in. so if you wanted to make a front wheel drive evo application, you should look into just using the front wheel drive eclipse drivetrain.

or look up 4g63 swaps, ive seen an eclipse motor in a early 90's civic hatchback and if that fit in there, then the evo motor will fit for sure. i just dont know what he used as far as drive train but it was still fwd.

and for the rear wheel drive application be careful because the 4g63 motor gets really technical, and basically for a cheap drivetrain solution you will have to find a "wide block" N/A 4g63 2.0L motor only found in a few select years in the mighty max and in the same equivilent mazda truck from way back when. then you have to put the turbo eclipse head on that block to make it turbo but it all bolts up nicely, and then that engine can bolt up to an 1993 rx-7 tranny, usuing the starion bell housing, kinda of a strange hassle swap. and in the end of the day you still cant get the new 4g63 or evo motor in there.

also the 3 wheel thing is pretty cool, its still in bike like and yet i wont fall out of it haha, thats why i liked the t-rex

as for the japane question ill just wait till i see the car and team next month or 2 in person, when the drift crap comes to cali

and the 1g+ on a coostom bell housing that i would gum up if left to molesting a cnc mechine by myself lol. there are easier ways to go about the same concept.

such as using the japanese 240 engine its called the sr20det or just sr20 for short. its a 2.0 turbo 4 cylinder makes 220hp out of the box i think and easily be upgraded and has a fat aftermarket following. the only thing that sucks is that its not legal in the states unless you bring it over as a kit car piece by piece...blah blah blah you guys should know the rest. or you can do the bawler 240 swap and put it a skyline engine the rb26det or just rb26 for short, its a pretty commin swap so im sure there will be plenty of resorces to help you out with it and aftermarket support because its only the most creamed after japanes motor behind the supra and evo.

anywho this just reminded me...i met a soldier who came back from iraq the other day and he was getting his evo tuned at the shop i go too, and i noticed his keys said gtr but it wasnt the new gtr keys? and i asked him about it and he said he owned legal florida registered vin number having japanese right hand drive skyline and which time he pointed out the window to a nice blue straight outta the fast and furious looking skyline, really nice car in person. ashame they didnt sell them here. but ya moral of the story if you wanna have a legal "not so legal" car you better be in the military or have outta state property

Old 03-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #88
I, Vettezuki

Yeah, I've thought of doing the Skyline (Silvia) motor swap into an old 240. It's legal as long as it's earlier than 75. It'd be a hoot and rumor has it you can make some power with those motors.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #89
Super Moderator

2003+ R6, GSXR, or CBR

I'd be cool with an earlier GSXR (2001+) or an R6 if it was stupid cheap. But the 2000 tail on the GSXR is fugly, and the 2002- head lights on the CBR are fuuugly.

I'd really spooge over anything black, or yellow and black, or blue and black. Other than that I'm cool with anything other than silver.

I want a theft recovery. I could deal with a bike that had very easy and only cosmetic damage. Dropped while stopped. But it would have to be waaay cheap, I really don't want to have to spend time painting a bike.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #90
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
2003+ R6, GSXR, or CBR

I'd be cool with an earlier GSXR (2001+) or an R6 if it was stupid cheap. But the 2000 tail on the GSXR is fugly, and the 2002- head lights on the CBR are fuuugly.

I'd really spooge over anything black, or yellow and black, or blue and black. Other than that I'm cool with anything other than silver.

I want a theft recovery. I could deal with a bike that had very easy and only cosmetic damage. Dropped while stopped. But it would have to be waaay cheap, I really don't want to have to spend time painting a bike.
My guess is that this was supposed to go somewhere else.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)