Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #81
pain's fun, hit me again

He's not, but he also doubts someone will buy them, pretty much they're there when we want them. Brakes are a no question thing and should be done first and foremost.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 11-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #82
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
He's not, but he also doubts someone will buy them, pretty much they're there when we want them. Brakes are a no question thing and should be done first and foremost.
How much would the appropriate rear axle be? Is that a Pick Your Part thing? We have a little bit of money to work with, but just want to maximize bang for buck.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-24-2011, 12:23 AM   #83
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
How much would the appropriate rear axle be? Is that a Pick Your Part thing? We have a little bit of money to work with, but just want to maximize bang for buck.
Whatever posted prices are, any 94-95 mustang will suffice.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 11-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #84
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Whatever posted prices are, any 94-95 mustang will suffice.
What's D to D mean?

Looks like $99 + 15 core. Half off means $50 . . . if one of the Pic Your Parts has a 94-05 Mustang.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #85
pain's fun, hit me again

They're pretty common, not sure what D to D means, probably disc to disc

Stopping the world!

Old 11-24-2011, 12:45 AM   #86
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
They're pretty common, not sure what D to D means, probably disc to disc
Ok, anybody down for a Pick Your Part run for a rear axle and front spindles on Friday? I'm gonna try and get the engine on Sunday if the guy is available.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-24-2011, 12:51 AM   #87
pain's fun, hit me again

I'll see, im supposed to go look at a car with a buddy some time this weekend, plus i want to finish Damians stuff too.

Stopping the world!

Old 11-24-2011, 12:58 AM   #88
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I'll see, im supposed to go look at a car with a buddy some time this weekend, plus i want to finish Damians stuff too.
Theoretically I'm open F-Sn. This is the weekend to get these parts if a donor car is available at one of the locations. I won't be doing it by myself. I'd want at least one extra pair of hands.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-24-2011, 12:59 AM   #89
I, Vettezuki

Also added to OP for anyone wondering.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE CAR IS SOLD?

The point of this project is to have some fun and give the participants the lowest possible cost for enjoying some actual car racing. While I am the owner of record, all participants are owners as far as I'm concerned. This means.

- I will not sell it without a consensus to sell.
- It will either be sold internally to members, auction style where the proceeds go to running the site or better yet, into a bigger and better project car. Or, if sold to the general public an equity stake in the car will be calculated based on time, money and effort into the car. So if you had a 10% equity stake and the car sold for $1,000, $100 would come back to you. This involves both objective and subjective elements of course. At that time I'll make best effort to be as transparent and fair as humanly possible.

I mention this so those wondering, hey, are we just paying to build a car for Vettezuki to play around with can know what my thinking and the long run looks like.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-24-2011, 02:22 AM   #90
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Theoretically I'm open F-Sn. This is the weekend to get these parts if a donor car is available at one of the locations. I won't be doing it by myself. I'd want at least one extra pair of hands.
Boo, ive pulled the whole axle assembly myself. I'll try and make it but holidays fuck up my schedule.

Stopping the world!