Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #761
I, Vettezuki

The sellers want a removal of contingency on our $10k deposit if we can't close by the 26th. That's tight in this lending market, especially with the quirks of the property that make most lenders balk. Might have to tell the sellers to go pound sand. I'm not about to fork of $10k for nothing for things out of my control.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #762
pain's fun, hit me again

Who's your realtor?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #763
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Who's your realtor?
Gene Levesque

He's family. I can recommend him categorically as an absolute straight shooter and a "go getter." He's working with us as both our buying agent in this deal and will be listing for us shortly as well. The rates are all fixed as a function of sale price. He has his own lending contacts.

Additionally, my "money guy" is former family (divorced out) who has decades of experience and access/knowledge to a wide range of lenders, including ones who specialize in goofy shit like this.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #764
Super Moderator

"Rates are a fixed function of sales price" is a nice way to say Im not doing it cheap, but its uncomfortable to negotiate with family.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #765
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
"Rates are a fixed function of sales price" is a nice way to say Im not doing it cheap, but its uncomfortable to negotiate with family.

That's not a coherent sentence, but I'll bottom line it for you. I don't negotiate for other people, particularly on big ticket professional services.

AFIK, Guy is looking to buy. Seller pays commission. A buying agent works to get the price down and hopes to get your business in the future to get your sale price up.

Real Estate, probably more than most anything I can think of is a fixed percentage commission and it's not so much in your interest to even bother trying to break them down from 3% for a variety of reasons. Don't like it, don't buy or sell through an agent. Or get your own license and undercut the market, or buy from "sale by owner" on your own. I think Redfin has a slightly discounted rate. Maybe there are others.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #766
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ya it is, your quote is a cop out is all Im saying. But it doesnt matter, I didnt understand, I thought you were talking about selling your house.

Quote, is a nice way to say:

Im not doing it cheap (for free or at a lower commission)
but
I dont want to say that to you directly (or negotiate price details with family)

Ya?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #767
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Ya it is, your quote is a cop out is all Im saying. But it doesnt matter, I didnt understand, I thought you were talking about selling your house.

Quote, is a nice way to say:

Im not doing it cheap (for free or at a lower commission)
but
I dont want to say that to you directly (or negotiate price details with family)

Ya?
- I'm not doing anything, it's not my work.
- I thought "I don't negotiate for other people was pretty clear."

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #768
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
- I'm not doing anything, it's not my work.
- I thought "I don't negotiate for other people was pretty clear."
No no, I meant thats what he was implying, not you. It was a confusing post, Ill retract it. Ha
Old 11-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #769
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
AFIK, Guy is looking to buy. Seller pays commission. A buying agent works to get the price down and hopes to get your business in the future to get your sale price up.
Only moderately withing hopefully the next 2-3 years. Sooner if i'm employed by an agency. My question was only out of curiosity to ensure you weren't using a stranger. My grandpa is a very successful realtor investor as well as having some other family that are realtors. Blood and martial arts family.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #770
I, Vettezuki

First time for me to see this.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)