Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #61
I, Vettezuki

Joe, too much information. Other than that, wow I think I understand everyone's POV in this thread. Does that mean I'm empathetic?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #62
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
In closing, I do have a hairy ass. I now that's not popular with you young'uns nowadays. But I ain't shaving it, waxing it, or whatever the hell else you guys do.
Preach on fellow hairy-a$$. I agree with you about having the highest HP car out there. What is the point of having XXX HP if you can not even use it. Like Sean's friend that nearly killed himself at the track. Totally built motor and nothing else upgraded. People need to build cars that are balance that lean towards the style of car they want, ie: drag racing, road coarse, whatever.

I think to say Ron's car is a drag car is totally rediculous. If I throw a blower on my car and go with 4.10 in the rear is my car a drag car? That being said, Carlos... for what you are saying Ron has done to his Chevelle that would put you in the road racing category in my mind. You have upgraded brakes, cooling, motor, suspension...blah, blah, blah.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 10-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #63
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
When Leedom's dad drops the BBF in the Mach 1 does that automatically make it a drag car? I'm sure he'll still be running the stock suspension just like I am on the Chevelle. What if he pulls out the interior to restore the car and then runs out of money. If he just throws a seat in it so he can drive it does that make it a drag car?
Funny that you mention it. We will be redoing the suspension with stock replacements and the interior looks just like you said. There is only a seat for driving and the dash.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 10-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #64

Quote:
Joe to answer your question about the weight i would say about 200 is correct. Car Craft just did an article on removing weight on a '66 Chevelle and they removed 289lbs and I didn't do as much as they did.
So you removed 200 lbs and added how much for the cage?

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 10-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #65
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
See, that's where we are different. I would race him and when I lose , my penis will be none the smaller for it. I recognize his car is badass and don't have to puff up my chest and talk about what I could do if..blah, blah, blah. I recognize that his car is faster. You seem to have a problem doing that without a lot of kicking and screaming.
Simply the difference between an objective comparison of a single parameter in a given narrow context vs. comparing and evaluating contexts.

Quote:
You ask what "you guys" are trying to prove? I don't know who "you guys" are, but I'm assuming I'm part of the "you guys" you were referring to. I wasn't trying to prove anything. I was trying to get you to step up and actually go down the track instead of bench race. I would actually be interested in watching that race.
I would be interested in just seeing Cambria go down the track period. Enkei's OP wasn't about racing, just a power estimate. And honestly his point is valid. I think (having been in the car) he's vaguely in the range of 550WHP, that ain't terribly far from 700BHP, which was his original assertion.

Quote:
As far as your HP numbers, I wasn't crying about the numbers you claimed. I was just pointing out the flaw in the logic you were using. If you want to walk around in fanasyland believing that 1 bar of boost will double your power, hey, go right ahead.
It's just a broad rule of thumb that isn't terrible as a starting point. It's NOT a lookup table.

Quote:
. . . when my car was running 13s @ 111, I tried to figure out how to get my E.T. more in line with my trap speed. I still am working on that now that my trap speed is closer to 120.
You and me both.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #66
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
So you removed 200 lbs and added how much for the cage?
That would include adding the cage. I figure I have about 300lbs removed and added 100.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Joe, too much information.
Hey, I didn't put it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Why don't you race him hairy ass?

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 10-04-2009, 10:49 PM   #68
I, Vettezuki

Joe. Don't f with my Rainman like memory.

First mention of hair on ass.

Quote:
Adam, you don't have a hair on your ass if you don't take him up on his challenge.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #69
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
That would include adding the cage. I figure I have about 300lbs removed and added 100.
Uh, que? My abbacus is put away right now. . . but:

Quote:
Joe to answer your question about the weight i would say about 200 is correct. Car Craft just did an article on removing weight on a '66 Chevelle and they removed 289lbs and I didn't do as much as they did.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #70

Quote:
I would be interested in just seeing Cambria go down the track period. Enkei's OP wasn't about racing, just a power estimate. And honestly his point is valid. I think (having been in the car) he's vaguely in the range of 550WHP, that ain't terribly far from 700BHP, which was his original assertion.
I would, too. I never argued that his car wasn't making the power he claimed. I was merely pointing out that the formula he was using to calculate it doesn't work.

Quote:
It's just a broad rule of thumb that isn't terrible as a starting point. It's NOT a lookup table.
That may be so, but it sucks as a rule of thumb. There are too many variables. Even if you could somehow run the same AFR and timing, this totally discounts the parasitic drag of the blower, which can be up to 20 - 30%.

And it wasn't represented as a rule of thumb. It was represented as a "fact".