Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #61

I was just messing with you. I can't wait to see how the truck works. I think the middle hill will be calling your name; If you try it I think you will be calling mine, for a tow strap!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #62
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle Crazy View Post
I was just messing with you. I can't wait to see how the truck works. I think the middle hill will be calling your name; If you try it I think you will be calling mine, for a tow strap!!!
It's done! No leaks, no vibrations, no noise!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #63
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

My friend who has the Jeep called me today asking exactly what route we're taking. He said that 17 hits 33 and then loops around. He also said 33 looked like the more challenging trail. Is that the route we're planning to take?
Old 11-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #64

We will be taking 2n17x to 2n33 and up to pilot rock. 2n17x runs up the ridge and is much more difficult. 2n33 is no more than a dirt road. 2n33 has some little trails that run along beside it that have some challenge but are still easy. We will be meeting at the Starbucks off of Summit and the 15 fwy. at 9:00 A.M. Exit Summit and make a Left. There is a Target shopping centre on the left side and Starbucks is in that centre. Please make sure you have a spare tire, tow stap, jack, and some basic tools. A fire extinguisher is also a good idea. This trip should be a blast!
Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #65
Resident Avatar Gambler

For the OC Guys (Nordy, Vettezuki, CorruptCulture), do you want to meet at the target off of Yorba Linda Blvd and the ride out together to the Starbucks? I was thinking of meeting at 8. That should leave us enough time to get to Fontana by 9. Let me know because I don't want to offroad the Mazda or Cobra, LOL.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #66

couldn't make it guys.. SORRY..
Old 11-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #67
Resident Avatar Gambler

It was a good time today, I had a blast It kind of makes me want a Jeep, but then I think I could spend that money putting a whipple on the Cobra instead (this is assuming I actually had any money, LOL). Thanks to Phil and Ron for setting this up. I think my friend thought it was going to be easier than it was. We'll have to do it again next year
Old 11-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #68
I, Vettezuki

Some Pics.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #69
Fast & Filthy

I had a blast. I was glad that everything worked well on my Explorer. I have some things to fix like moving the lower shock mount and notching the frame to clear the steering link but it didn't break so I'm happy.

Phil and I just got back from running Deep Creek. We ran into a few issues. First, the alternator on Ron's Jeep (Silver one) stopped charging and he couldn't start his truck up in Deep Creek. Then his brother Matt (Black Jeep) was turning around on a hill to jump start him and broke an axle u-joint. We switched Ron's battery out for Phil's and Matt and Ron headed out and Phil and I continued through Deep Creek.

Just after the waterfall we were going through a section that had some rather large bolders. Phil was leading and I watched him high center his transfer case on a bolder but he was able to get free and climb over it. I then followed but without as much ground clearence I got stuck. Then while we were trying to get me free my front driveshaft seperated due to over extending the front end that was no longer on the ground. We put it back together and Phil towed me backwards to try and free me but towed to far and pulled me back up on a different bolder and my driveshaft fell out again. We put it back together again and through a combination of rock stacking and the tow strap were able to get me free.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #70
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I had a blast. I was glad that everything worked well on my Explorer. I have some things to fix like moving the lower shock mount and notching the frame to clear the steering link but it didn't break so I'm happy.

Phil and I just got back from running Deep Creek. We ran into a few issues. First, the alternator on Ron's Jeep (Silver one) stopped charging and he couldn't start his truck up in Deep Creek. Then his brother Matt (Black Jeep) was turning around on a hill to jump start him and broke an axle u-joint. We switched Ron's battery out for Phil's and Matt and Ron headed out and Phil and I continued through Deep Creek.

Just after the waterfall we were going through a section that had some rather large bolders. Phil was leading and I watched him high center his transfer case on a bolder but he was able to get free and climb over it. I then followed but without as much ground clearence I got stuck. Then while we were trying to get me free my front driveshaft seperated due to over extending the front end that was no longer on the ground. We put it back together and Phil towed me backwards to try and free me but towed to far and pulled me back up on a different bolder and my driveshaft fell out again. We put it back together again and through a combination of rock stacking and the tow strap were able to get me free.
Sounds like you guys had fun in a hot wax on the nipples sort of way.

I'm working on the video. It's going to take a little while, there's actually quite a bit of good footage, though Sean somehow missed my last ascent on the long hill towards the end. I was really hoping he got that. Ah well, there's a lot of good stuff especially of Phil going Banzai over various obstacles.

And for you suckas who think a stocker can't deal, suck it.