Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: What do for 5.0?
Execute on 75 Bronco 302? (Hyradulic NA setup) 0 0%
Hold out for later 5.0? (Roller EFI) 0 0%
Other. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #61
pain's fun, hit me again

I got nothing back as well, still waiting to hear back from some of the other dudes.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 11-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #62
Fast & Filthy

I heard back from the guy that had the '75 Bronco 302 and he still has it. I've asked for a phone number to call him at to confirm that it's complete. I'm pretty sure it is but I want to confirm. He's asking $100 but I think I can get it for less.

The advantage and disadvantage is that it is not a roller block. This means we could install a cheap hydraulic cam to it for about $120.

9:1 compression use:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-K3601/

10:1 compression use:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-K3602/

Let me know what you think and if you agree that this engine is a good choice or do you want to hold out for a roller block.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #63
pain's fun, hit me again

That'll work fine as the heads have been converted to stud mount anyhow. Just need a computer and harness unless everyone else want to keep it carbed.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 11-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #64
Fast & Filthy

Okay, I'll let you know once I hear back from him. He's in OC so maybe Ben would be able to pick it up if we can get it.

I say a carb will be cheaper and easier.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edelbrock-To...sories&vxp=mtr

Old 11-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #65
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Okay, I'll let you know once I hear back from him. He's in OC so maybe Ben would be able to pick it up if we can get it.

I say a carb will be cheaper and easier.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edelbrock-To...sories&vxp=mtr
Just let me know once you've worked the deal and I can pick it up. Text me with the address, his name/number, final amount, and whatever else you think I need to know.

My only thought at all on ECU vs. Carb

SIMPLICITY
Carb > ECU

MPG
ECU > Carb

It's probably sort of a wash on net. Overall I lean towards anything that makes things dead balls reliable. Carbbed setups can be awesomely simple, make good power and be reliable as all hell . . . once they're dialed in for a particular environment. Atmospherically, the ECU is going to self adjust to changing conditions a bit better won't it? Certainly there's no comparisons to new computers.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #66
I, Vettezuki

This is just a historical question. Weren't the older 302 blocks quite a bit weaker than the later ones used int he Foxes? Not that we'll be making that much power, so it doesn't really matter I suppose. Just a question. I thought they changed the casting designs at some point.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #67
Fast & Filthy

They were all thin wall casting but the mid 70's are suppose to be stronger than the eary 80's blocks. We're not going to be spinning more than 6500 I would guess so the block will be plenty strong as will the cast crank and rods.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #68
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
This is just a historical question. Weren't the older 302 blocks quite a bit weaker than the later ones used int he Foxes? Not that we'll be making that much power, so it doesn't really matter I suppose. Just a question. I thought they changed the casting designs at some point.
Thinner walls but heavier nickle content, so typically stronger then the later roller blocks

Stopping the world!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #69
I, Vettezuki

Any news?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #70
Fast & Filthy

Nope, I haven't heard back ever since I asked for a phone number. I'll try sending another PM.