Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #61
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
according to the dyno runs i dont suffer from heat soak or sink in my intercooler....but colder is always better!!

also whats the waether lookign like for that day....if we have some dooms day gloomy about to rain cats and dogs day but doesnt till the racing is over! that would be awsome!
That would be some alien technology predicting the weather on Nov. 2 now. I'll go out on a limb and say not raining.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #62
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post
here are some old photos on how my car launched off the foot brake.. right after these photos a Axle snapped ...
those were the days that i had a money tree in the backyard...
But you have a 10 bolt with 27 spline axles. I have a 12 bolt with 30 spline axles. Also, since I put my rear sway bar on my car quit squatting the right rear like yours. It use to pull the front left tire about 6 inches and now it only lifts about an inch. I'm just praying for the best.

Steve, unlike Sean's or my car that have superchargers your car probably does better with the engine a little warm. You have an effecient intercooler that cools the intake charge and the turbo will spool quicker when it's warm. I found this out when I helped a friend install twin turbos on his 2004 GTO. When we dyno'd it he actually made more power (10wrhp) on the 4th of 4 back to back pulls then he did on the 1st. I on the other hand have no cooler at all. So my car does best when it is cold. I usually ice the intake and supercharger in between runs. If you're going to ice your intake make sure you remove any excess water and ice before heading to the lanes so you don't drip water on the track.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #63
Super Moderator

I love how GNs dip like that on a launch. My guess would be that the pass side axle broke?
Old 10-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I love how GNs dip like that on a launch. My guess would be that the pass side axle broke?
you know whats funny.. it was the driver side BOTH times when the rear broke LOL...
Old 10-27-2008, 12:28 AM   #65

hey guys i cant make it out nov 2nd

.....the fuckin tip of my cylinder 2 spark plug broke off and bent the valve seating so i have a mad compression leak in there......just thank god it didnt crack a piston or mess up my cylinder wall !!!!!

either way im so pissed!!!!

i was gunning it too 135mph on the 210 then let off and coasted to 70mph and then when i regunned it a lil to catch up with traffic my car wasnt holding boost bast 4-5psi

my conclusion is 1 of these 2 theorys

1. because im running so lean now up top because i dont have that second fuel pump the cylinder temps got a lil hot and melted the spark plug tip off slowly from all the times i get on it.

2. is that even though the e85 can take it my spark pligs couldnt deal with that how much timing i was throwing at it up top which made the spark plug tip crack off....i was running 22 degrees of advance timing

either way this is gonna cost me a shiney penny :-( damn and i was so close to having my car complete

well lookes like imma just have to get oversized valves, port polished head, hell port everything and springs and retainers and maybe even a way bigger cam sense im in there.......
Old 10-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #66
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
hey guys i cant make it out nov 2nd

.....the fuckin tip of my cylinder 2 spark plug broke off and bent the valve seating so i have a mad compression leak in there......just thank god it didnt crack a piston or mess up my cylinder wall !!!!!

either way im so pissed!!!!

i was gunning it too 135mph on the 210 then let off and coasted to 70mph and then when i regunned it a lil to catch up with traffic my car wasnt holding boost bast 4-5psi

my conclusion is 1 of these 2 theorys

1. because im running so lean now up top because i dont have that second fuel pump the cylinder temps got a lil hot and melted the spark plug tip off slowly from all the times i get on it.

2. is that even though the e85 can take it my spark pligs couldnt deal with that how much timing i was throwing at it up top which made the spark plug tip crack off....i was running 22 degrees of advance timing

either way this is gonna cost me a shiney penny :-( damn and i was so close to having my car complete

well lookes like imma just have to get oversized valves, port polished head, hell port everything and springs and retainers and maybe even a way bigger cam sense im in there.......
Bummer dude - it's always something huh?
Old 10-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Bummer dude - it's always something huh?
ya man no joke :-( either way im still relieved that my cylinder and pistons are fine...but still kind of a bummer it should all be repaired in a few weeks though
Old 10-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #68
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
ya man no joke :-( either way im still relieved that my cylinder and pistons are fine...but still kind of a bummer it should all be repaired in a few weeks though
Get it all ported, new second fuel pump, and sticky rubber, then maybe you'll run an 11 or so.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Get it all ported, new second fuel pump, and sticky rubber, then maybe you'll run an 11 or so.
lol all that is getting taken care of and as for these 11's u underestimate jap cars my friend!!! lol

i might just show up with a parachute, and some hoosiers and a wheelie bar!!

ya thats right ill somehow get my car to make use of a wheelie bar!!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #70
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
lol all that is getting taken care of and as for these 11's u underestimate jap cars my friend!!! lol

i might just show up with a parachute, and some hoosiers and a wheelie bar!!

ya thats right ill somehow get my car to make use of a wheelie bar!!!!
Yeah, I know it's not a Honda. Just kidding. The fastest car on the site right now is still a 9 sec Honda (race) Civic. And I think we've all seen Supras and others eat more than a few domestics.

The fastest street legal car on the site I think is in the 11s on pump gas. You kinda don't qualify as street legal since you're not, uh, street legal. So you have to beat the purpose built cars.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)