Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #61
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
So I go into register the car and was instructed that because the registration is presently not non-op, that in order to register it non-op on transfer I'd have to get it smogged. It's just a shake down of course, but unlike the mafia which is more efficient, I couldn't just pay them off. Stupid government still needs to pretend that it's doing something actually useful. That presents a bit of a problem as there's a piston sticking out the side of the block. The solution is that if the current owner can register it non-op, then I can transfer it non-op. Hopefully he's willing to play ball and it won't be such a big deal. I think I've already said it once or twice today, but in case I left it out. Fuck the government.
Tell them you'd like to pay the transfer fee for now and take care of everything later. Thats how ive transfered all my vehicles that weren't non-op
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #62
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Tell them you'd like to pay the transfer fee for now and take care of everything later. Thats how ive transfered all my vehicles that weren't non-op
That's begging for trouble later. If I transfer now and ignore it. The registration will never come current (because I didn't smog it). They won't care that I never used it on road. When it comes time to sell it it will be a PITA to come current, possibly a nightmare. Whereas if I get JC to update it to non-op now, ($18) then transfer to me, it's cheaper to transfer now, just the sales tax + transfer fee, nothing else, and it's done for good, current and easy to transfer in the future. So unless he falls off the face of the earth, that's what I'll. No dangling ends, they always come back to bite you.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #63
pain's fun, hit me again

Never had an issue before and my car sat for 2 years before i even put it in my name
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #64

Quote:
Never had an issue before and my car sat for 2 years before i even put it in my name
You put car's in your name? I just let them sit there for years.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20

Old 11-22-2011, 12:16 PM   #65
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
If you ever want to have a conventional sale of the asset in the future, you'll have to square up its registration. The longer you wait, the messier and more expensive it can get. If you never intend to sell it, or you're going to sell it on the black market, then I suppose it doesn't matter. But I'm categorically against dangling ends because they reduce options and cause problems down the road.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #66
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Uhm yeah, kinda a requisit for registering and insuring them

Stopping the world!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #67
I, Vettezuki

Little bit of a run around, but done. Called the DMV and they told me what form I needed to fill out and that AAA would be able to process it. Nope, the DMV blocks AAA from doing a transfer from a standard registration to a non-op, bypassing smog. So I rolled the dice and went to the DMV. Miraculously the wait was about 10 minutes and they handled it directly.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #68
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Little bit of a run around, but done. Called the DMV and they told me what form I needed to fill out and that AAA would be able to process it. Nope, the DMV blocks AAA from doing a transfer from a standard registration to a non-op, bypassing smog. So I rolled the dice and went to the DMV. Miraculously the wait was about 10 minutes and they handled it directly.
No they dont I JUST did it for the 88 a few days ago

Stopping the world!

Old 11-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #69
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
No they dont I JUST did it for the 88 a few days ago
On a purchase where it was registered to somebody else? That was the issue and several people at AAA said the same thing. It's NOT changing from op to non-op on a car you already own, but from op to non-op and transfer.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #70
pain's fun, hit me again

Yup, just did it, car wasnt even in the name of the person I got it from, they asked for a smog and I said just do the transfer and a non op. $15 bucks

Stopping the world!