Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #591
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
I'll be going to the Big 3 Auto Swapmeet in San Diego next week. I'll be looking there. It's an annual swapmeet that usually has alot of good stuff.
Good to know. That kit is just over the line from what I was willing to pay so I'm resisting temptation. . . I'm hoping it skyrockets in price so I don't have to think about it anymore.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #592
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Annular boosters are supposed to help atomize the fuel better at idle which helps throttle response on cars with big lopey cams and low vacuum. We have a small cam that will have plenty of vacuum at idle so I think our throttle response will be great.
Not just at idle, across the rpm range. Annulars are... better, unless you have a downleg carb and are trying to justify it to yourself. The only downside to an annular is that they block more airflow than a downleg carb, but even so they more than compensate. Also, they make more power. Yes they do.

BTW, my point was only that identical motors, both with race demon carbs will need different size jets and air bleeds if one demon is an annular and the other is a downleg.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #593
Super Moderator

Ben, if the kit you are looking at is being sold on E-Bay, send the guy a reasonable offer. I find that sellers on e-bay don't like to haggle and if you aim too low they'll tell you to get lost, but if you push them within their limits they'll accept your first offer.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #594
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Ben, if the kit you are looking at is being sold on E-Bay, send the guy a reasonable offer. I find that sellers on e-bay don't like to haggle and if you aim too low they'll tell you to get lost, but if you push them within their limits they'll accept your first offer.
It's on eBay going through a regular auction. Here it is. My limit was $1,100 shipped so $975. This is just north of that now. I'll keep it for reference, if we can't find parts next week, maybe I'll contact the seller and make an offer close to today's auction price for the same thing.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #595
Super Moderator

OIC thought it was a buy it now type o deal in an e-bay store.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #596
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Not just at idle, across the rpm range. Annulars are... better, unless you have a downleg carb and are trying to justify it to yourself. The only downside to an annular is that they block more airflow than a downleg carb, but even so they more than compensate. Also, they make more power. Yes they do.

BTW, my point was only that identical motors, both with race demon carbs will need different size jets and air bleeds if one demon is an annular and the other is a downleg.
I do have downleg boosters on the Holley 850dp on the Chevelle but I don't have any issue with throttle response. However, I would love to see how it would respond to a carb with annular boosters. Maybe I'll upgrade the carb when I pull the heads off and port them.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 AM   #597
Super Moderator

I know one guy that did the mod on an 850 double... I think it was. He said it was the best carb mod he's done.

But I don't think you'll ever have a throttle response problem on a 10 second car. Haha.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #598
Neanderthal

Ben:
I talked to Carlos about the 174 parts. He didn't want to scan them, because they are watching everyone at his work. So now we.............
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 02-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #599
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Ben:
I talked to Carlos about the 174 parts. He didn't want to scan them, because they are watching everyone at his work. So now we.............
Thanks for your effort. There are at least three options still open, roughly in order.

1 - We luck out at the upcoming Swap Meet and find what we need.
2 - My brother dimensions a new part in Solid Works and my uncle machines it.
3 - Go to a good welder fabricator and have them piece what we have back to working order.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #600
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Thanks for your effort. There are at least three options still open, roughly in order.

1 - We luck out at the upcoming Swap Meet and find what we need.
2 - My brother dimensions a new part in Solid Works and my uncle machines it.
3 - Go to a good welder fabricator and have them piece what we have back to working order.
That's pretty much covers it. I still haven't talked to the truck fab boys yet.
2016 Nissan Altma