Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #591
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I'm not sure yet because I'm supposed to help Adam's dad start the engine swap on on his Mach the weekend of the 13th. I don't know how long that will take us but I'm hoping it will only be a couple weekends. I also have to install a new cam in the Cobra and then get the tune finished. I'm going to do that during the week after work while were doing the Mach if I can. Those are the only projects that I have scheduled so I'll keep you updated and we should be able to schedule the Lemon Fox after the Mach is done.
Keep us posted. My only general concern is to get to it before the super hot moths and to keep some minimum of progress on these cars.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #592
Internet Tough Guy

So, is this thing dead yet? It kinda feels like it. Last time any progress was made was this time last year. I want to pulse the group to see where we are trying to take this thing.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter

Old 04-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
So, is this thing dead yet? It kinda feels like it. Last time any progress was made was this time last year. I want to pulse the group to see where we are trying to take this thing.
I think us doing lemons racing with it was kind of DOA, the car is was just to much money to start with and it would be very hard to get under $500. I still like the idea of the group track car, something we can take to a trackday and beat on. I'm fine with keeping it at my place for as long as needed. I'm even fine with us still trying to do lemons but i think its still gone be hard.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20

Old 04-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #594
Internet Tough Guy

I think we have succeeded at growing the project into something that is very labor intensive. We should have left the car alone and just added the safety gear.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #595
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I think we have succeeded at growing the project into something that is very labor intensive. We should have left the car alone and just added the safety gear.

False. Available time evaporated. We went from junk to 75% fast and it's been sitting since as key participants got pulled away to other projects. From where it is to running is a couple weekends. As for Lemons and price, no way we can hit their formal $500 and as previously discussed that would be hard these days. When Lemons started $500 junkers that ran were easy to find. Now people just have them hauled away for tax deductions etc. Whether it goes for Lemons, (that other one) or just a generic group track car I don't much car personally. But the amount of work required to go from where it is, right now, to done, is not extreme by any means. It's a coordination problem.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 04-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #596
I, Vettezuki

I did, however, succeed in turning the Snake into a massive amount of work.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 04-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #597
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
False. Available time evaporated. We went from junk to 75% fast and it's been sitting since as key participants got pulled away to other projects. From where it is to running is a couple weekends. As for Lemons and price, no way we can hit their formal $500 and as previously discussed that would be hard these days. When Lemons started $500 junkers that ran were easy to find. Now people just have them hauled away for tax deductions etc. Whether it goes for Lemons, (that other one) or just a generic group track car I don't much car personally. But the amount of work required to go from where it is, right now, to done, is not extreme by any means. It's a coordination problem.
So how long do you want me to wait until I tell you I told you so?

Instead of pulling the drivetrain apart we should have just dropped the seat and cage into it and rocked out.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #598
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
So how long do you want me to wait until I tell you I told you so?

Instead of pulling the drivetrain apart we should have just dropped the seat and cage into it and rocked out.
You can tell me whatever you want whenever you want. I'm no expert, but I don't think it would have gone very far with a block that pitched a rod.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 04-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #599
I, Vettezuki

And ya'lls were the one who had your panties in a twist for a V8, just had to have it. We could have got POS 4 banger and have been done with it. So, nigga please!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
And ya'lls were the one who had your panties in a twist for a V8, just had to have it. We could have got POS 4 banger and have been done with it. So, nigga please!

We do have a lot of work ahead of us both nothing hard, it will just take some time. Many people have done this before so we can follow their lead.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20