Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #51
Super Moderator

Fuck! If this Camaro engine sale goes through I'll do that.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #52
Super Moderator

On second thought, I think I'm just going to button it up as is for now. I don't even have $200 to spare for another block. And I don't want to go through that entire engine, keeping those pistons and my NA cam. It's a waste of time. Just going to get it running for now till I get a job, then I'll do it right.

Then I'm going to swap an LT1 or something in the Vette, sell it. Replace the pistons and cam in this motor with a blower cam and blower pistons. And drop it and the T56 into a 1st gen camaro that has already been tubbed and caged.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #53
Super Moderator

Worst case scenario, I waste $50 on the new ring and intake gaskets, and some labor.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #54
Super Moderator

And then I can run these pistons on my boat motor with H&C and build a high compression beast out of that L48.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #55
Super Moderator

I think I'm going to try the cylinder hone. Might as well.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #56
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
And then I can run these pistons on my boat motor with H&C and build a high compression beast out of that L48.
One does not usually associate L48 and beast.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-31-2011, 12:19 AM   #57
Super Moderator

Change everything that breathes and sure...

I'm really going nuts on this one. I'm just at a new low right now financially. After paying those Jeep taxes I'm actually counting on money from that Camaro engine just for food and gas. The best solution IS to buy a new block, but that's even a stretch right now.

I keep going back to the idea of putting a different engine back in the vette with a 5 speed, selling it, and putting my powerplant to the side till I can do it right. Ben, how much would you want for your original vette engine, less crossfire?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:35 AM   #58
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Change everything that breathes and sure...

I'm really going nuts on this one. I'm just at a new low right now financially. After paying those Jeep taxes I'm actually counting on money from that Camaro engine just for food and gas. The best solution IS to buy a new block, but that's even a stretch right now.

I keep going back to the idea of putting a different engine back in the vette with a 5 speed, selling it, and putting my powerplant to the side till I can do it right. Ben, how much would you want for your original vette engine, less crossfire?
I'd be happy with $400~ for the L83 + 700R4 (minus crossfire bits). Figure half of that is for the 700R4 easy. You're looking $200~ range. They're just a commodity item with nothing special.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #59
Super Moderator

Are you asking only $200 for the motor if I don't want the trans? Am I reading that right?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #60
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Are you asking only $200 for the motor if I don't want the trans? Am I reading that right?
Maybe. Let me check the market. I don't need to put your balls in a vice, but I don't want to give it away either. It seems the pistons are forged stock.

<< The stock pistons are forged TRW-464664

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)