Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-28-2010, 02:21 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I'm going to check this one out after the new year. It's scary how accurate you predictions are Sean.

Texted the guy a bit, the reason he said it wasn't running is because he had to swap the motor for another 4G63T due to the timing tensioner going out and destroying the head. He said mileage unknown on the new motor...
Old 12-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #52
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Even though the insurance is high, I would buy that 95 Mustang GT. It's a fantastic starter car and I think it'll be less work for you than a DSM. I LOVE DSM's, but I'm not sure I'd want one as my first car. What insurance carrier are you working with?
Old 12-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #53

Quote:
Even though the insurance is high, I would buy that 95 Mustang GT. It's a fantastic starter car and I think it'll be less work for you than a DSM. I LOVE DSM's, but I'm not sure I'd want one as my first car. What insurance carrier are you working with?
Unfortunately it seems to be just a bit high for my budget. I'm really shooting for around 3k. I also don't know how I feel yet about using a cable clutch as I've never had to. My insurance is Allstate and I'll be on my family's policy.

Keep sending in the rec's to check out though, Sean. You seem to have a knack for picking the best
Old 12-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
Unfortunately it seems to be just a bit high for my budget. I'm really shooting for around 3k. I also don't know how I feel yet about using a cable clutch as I've never had to. My insurance is Allstate and I'll be on my family's policy.

Keep sending in the rec's to check out though, Sean. You seem to have a knack for picking the best
The cable clutch isn't that bad...its only a tiny bit worse then the V.

I need to take you out in the truck again
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 01-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #55

Well, there's been a pretty drastic change in plans after talking with the family mechanic who we've been going to since forever and would presumably have to fix my car if something really went wrong. Bad news first. He pretty much shot me down on everything I proposed including: dsm eclipse, mustang, camaro, 240z, 300zx. However, luckily it wasn't all bad news. He advised me and the mom to look for a 70's-early 80's BMW which I've wanted since forever but always assumed they were too much to fix. One thing he said though is no automatic windows which I'm fine with. Also, he said he had a customer that might be looking to sell his restored 1965 Falcon and will get back to me. In the meantime, I'm looking on craigslist for either a 2002, an E21 or an E30.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #56
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
Well, there's been a pretty drastic change in plans after talking with the family mechanic who we've been going to since forever and would presumably have to fix my car if something really went wrong. Bad news first. He pretty much shot me down on everything I proposed including: dsm eclipse, mustang, camaro, 240z, 300zx. However, luckily it wasn't all bad news. He advised me and the mom to look for a 70's-early 80's BMW which I've wanted since forever but always assumed they were too much to fix. One thing he said though is no automatic windows which I'm fine with. Also, he said he had a customer that might be looking to sell his restored 1965 Falcon and will get back to me. In the meantime, I'm looking on craigslist for either a 2002, an E21 or an E30.
Sounds fishy. A mustang is considerably easier/cheaper to work on than a BMW....
Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #57

Quote:
Sounds fishy. A mustang is considerably easier/cheaper to work on than a BMW....
Exactly what I thought. But hey, it beats the camry/accord offer my parents had on the table.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #58

Quote:
your right the BMW is a pain in the ass to work on and they break alot...So he is just looking after his boat payment lol

I dont think the BMW is the right call here
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 01-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #59

Going to check this one out sometime this week. 71 2002 with engine and 5 spd trans from an E30.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/...21/highlight,/

Talked to the owner, really nice guy. He needs to put a new slave cylinder in sometime this week and will call me when it's done. As you can see, the body, paint, and interior look like hell but it's rust free. What really matters to me is that it's mechanically sound.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #60

there is rust.. that thing is a pile! worth maybe 2k if you can drive it home... only to strip it and sell it out piece by piece!

~Bradshaw
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20