Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #51
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
Sorry, Shaolin, I am just a very finicky, crotchety, old man. I really am that particular what cases that I run though my Dillon & I am worse about what I run through my .45's. And I really do only run R-P brass through my Dillon also. Do though buy some of that Mi-Wall .45 ammo at 1st opportunity & affordability. That's where my cases came from.
Shaolin:
What type of gun & what's been done to it and by whom?
What weight of recoil spring? Mainspring is the spring back in the mainspring housing?
Milspec 1911
All work done by me, Sorry you're right i typed main spring but i meant recoil spring. i believe its a #12 or #13. Trigger work, upgraded extractor, polished feed ramp. All the needed stuff for a 1911. But i can understand if you dont want to sell me any, i just prefer when it comes to my money that i give it to people that will benefit from it that i know rather some nameless corporation. Like i rarely buy new ammo from stores, mostly from people on cal-guns
Old 08-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #52
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
yeah the brass is used, its all been cycled through my 1911. But i'm probably going to keep all my equipment, just in case. Just like the shop full of tools ive used once i like to have it there for when i really need it.
I totally understand, just throw'n it out there. Let me talk to Chuck and see what we're going to do soon. I'll keep you in the loop. When's your deadline for knowing if we can produce for you or not?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #53
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I totally understand, just throw'n it out there. Let me talk to Chuck and see what we're going to do soon. I'll keep you in the loop. When's your deadline for knowing if we can produce for you or not?
Well i need ammo all the time, next soonest i'll need some is the 28th
Old 08-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #54
I, Vettezuki

Gary,

We're thinking of getting a Dillon RL550B. Could we offer you dinner or other renumeration for an hour or so of watching us and checking our methods and procedures? You are fully indemnified and held harmless. No is a perfectly acceptable answer for any reason, but since you're here I'd be silly not to ask to have an old hand look over our shoulder at least once.

From what I've been researching and learning the process is not complicated; you just need the right tools and procedures, then follow them attentively. But there's almost always some little skill or tip that might be useful in everything when observed by a knowledgeable person.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #55
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Well i need ammo all the time, next soonest i'll need some is the 28th
Cool. Maybe we can establish a mutually beneficial and lasting relationship.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #56
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Cool. Maybe we can establish a mutually beneficial and lasting relationship.
I have a lady Ben....

Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #57
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Gary,

We're thinking of getting a Dillon RL550B. Could we offer you dinner or other renumeration for an hour or so of watching us and checking our methods and procedures? You are fully indemnified and held harmless. No is a perfectly acceptable answer for any reason, but since you're here I'd be silly not to ask to have an old hand look over our shoulder at least once.

From what I've been researching and learning the process is not complicated; you just need the right tools and procedures, then follow them attentively. But there's almost always some little skill or tip that might be useful in everything when observed by a knowledgeable person.
My tip is, dont clean up while you're working, i understand its normal to want to pick up a bullet or primer while you're working. If you stop to pickup everything you drop every time you do you'll spend more time doing that then loading, especially when you're in the zone for loading. Well thats how i look at it when i load.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #58
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I have a lady Ben....

I'm not exclusive. I'll help you both. Well, you know what I mean.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #59
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Lets do this!!! Maybe Shaolin can help us test our loads as I am new to shooting and am by no means a Pro.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #60
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:

I'm not exclusive. I'll help you both. Well, you know what I mean.
My lady just cringed something fierce.