Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #51
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
It's not just the weight. It's also the sloppiness of the 2 piece driveshaft. Still not sure of .2 difference.

I believe NHRA has changed its rules on cages for newer cars. Not sure of the cut-off now, but I think it depends on whether they consider your car "stock" or not.
I remember something along those lines too, I remember seeing some fast ford gt's that had no cages in them.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #52
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post
are you calling me a internet ricer racer?? trust me i have more passing going down the 1/4 then you would EVER wish for. trust me, i under stand how ALL my cars perform on the track.
Didnt mean to insult you, or make you feel as if your expensive driveshaft purchase isnt justified, but your track experience is irrelevant to the physics of your driveshaft.

Too much talk on all ends, just let us know if you manage to knock two tenths off. I hope you do, any one willing to drive without a sway bar and skinny tires deserves to run tens.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #53
Super Moderator

On a separate note, Im surprised Ford went with a steel DS on the GT, considering they put an aluminum DS on the Ranger.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #54
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
On a separate note, Im surprised Ford went with a steel DS on the GT, considering they put an aluminum DS on the Ranger.
Ok, I hit my head again...what do you mean by DS...

I'm assuming you mean Drive Shaft?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 05-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #55
Super Moderator

When are you going to the strip again?
Old 05-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #56

no problem man.. i have driven some crazy set ups over the years.. my Grand National i was running Skinnes with no swaybar and full slicks at 8psi at over 145mph pass the traps, now that was a hand full.. Ths setup drives like a Caddy compair to that..

my buick in the background launch at 24psi boost off the transbrake.. (top end i would run 40psi)

here is one of my slower runs out at Bakersfield when it was 90*. the car had been 9.30's at 149mph.(click the photo for video)
Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #57
Super Moderator

Yessir, DS = Drive Shaft, TC = Transfer Case or Torque Converter, AFR = Air to Fuel Ratio or ADAM FUCKING RULES. Just for future reference.

AFR
Old 05-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #58
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post
no problem man.. i have driven some crazy set ups over the years.. my Grand National i was running Skinnes with no swaybar and full slicks at 8psi at over 145mph pass the traps, now that was a hand full.. Ths setup drives like a Caddy compair to that..

my buick in the background launch at 24psi boost off the transbrake.. (top end i would run 40psi)

here is one of my slower runs out at Bakersfield when it was 90*..(click the photo for video)
Shit balls, I love GNs. Brian Plunk kinda made me want one. Id almost want to go V8 though just to piss the Buick guys off, haha
Old 05-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #59

Quote:
When are you going to the strip again?
i moved to Maryland this pass summer. so i run at my home track of Cecil county raceway and also MIR.. i have Capital raceway, Atco NJ, Englishtown, Maplegrove PA and 75-80 raceway to name some aound my way..
Old 05-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #60

Quote:
Shit balls, I love GNs. Brian Plunk kinda made me want one. Id almost want to go V8 though just to piss the Buick guys off, haha
my GN was the 5th quickest in the country with the stock 2 bolt main block.. i also drove the GN on the street too

out at speedworld in AZ for a buick race..

he was impressed with my setup and ET.. i couldnt believe i impressed Jay Leno lol