Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-04-2011, 06:53 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm just waiting for National Enquirer pics of bin Ladin with Hitler AND ELVIS in a Czech cafe or something equaling amusing.
Fixed it for ya !
Old 05-04-2011, 06:55 AM   #52

Knock Knock

"Who's there?"

Bang Bang !!

Navy Seals don't do Knock knock jokes .
Old 05-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #53
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
Your article fails to give out the names of their sources who are making the claim that the information ie: "Mohammed did not discuss al-Kuwaiti while being subjected to the simulated drowning technique known as waterboarding, former officials said. He acknowledged knowing him many months later under standard interrogation, they said, leaving it once again up for debate as to whether the harsh technique was a valuable tool or an unnecessarily violent tactic." At least I name my source. Who are these former officials?

Bob
Meh, not sure.
Quote:
Here is another article for you though:
*** Did the harsh interrogations play an important role? News organizations are fact-checking the assertion that the “enhanced interrogation techniques” during the Bush administration helped lead to bin Laden. And the emerging consensus is that they played a small role. The New York Times: “[A] closer look at prisoner interrogations suggests that the harsh techniques played a small role at most in identifying Bin Laden’s trusted courier and exposing his hide-out. One detainee who apparently was subjected to some tough treatment provided a crucial description of the courier, according to current and former officials briefed on the interrogations. But two prisoners who underwent some of the harshest treatment — including Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, who was waterboarded 183 times — repeatedly misled their interrogators about the courier’s identity.” As one former U.S. counterterrorism official told NBC’s Michael Isikoff: “They waterboarded KSM 183 times, and he still didn’t give the guy up.” More: “Come on. And you want to tell me that enhanced interrogation techniques worked?"
Regardless, water boarding is torture and we prosecuted Japanese soldiers after WWII for doing it. Why should it be okay for us to do it now?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #54

The Director of the CIA, Leon Panetta also back up that the "harsh interrogation" methods were used to get the information that started the search for the courier that lead to Osama.
Water boarding was on the long list of criminal charges committed by the Japanese and pales in comparison with the other charges. Please name a soldier in WW2 who was charged and convicted for water boarding alone or as the most serious charge.
I see thing this way. What would I do to get information to save my a member of my family's life from some one that has that information and time is critical? I think you know my answer.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 05-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #55
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
The Director of the CIA, Leon Panetta also back up that the "harsh interrogation" methods were used to get the information that started the search for the courier that lead to Osama.
Water boarding was on the long list of criminal charges committed by the Japanese and pales in comparison with the other charges. Please name a soldier in WW2 who was charged and convicted for water boarding alone or as the most serious charge.
I see thing this way. What would I do to get information to save my a member of my family's life from some one that has that information and time is critical? I think you know my answer.

Bob
That's a very slippery slope Bob, which is the reason we have laws regarding things like torture.

Also, whether waterboarding was the worst charge or the only charge is irrelevant. We considered it a form of torture and prosecuted them for it.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #56

Torture never got us dick, our problem is we were asking the wrong people.

:15 and 1:10 for those who don't like Schandling.

This is 2008 on a fucking comedy show for fucks sake!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #57
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

I say water board the shit out of those fuckers. So its not okay to water board but it is okay to kill.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #58
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I say water board the shit out of those fuckers. So its not okay to water board but it is okay to kill.
That's not an argument. We are part of a civilized society and as such we have rules for things like interrogations and torture.

Who said anything about it being okay to kill by the way
Old 05-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
So its not okay to water board but it is okay to kill.

Well, if you want to be pedantic about it, yes.

The short answer is that when you kill, the suffering is (supposed to be) quick and painless.

Humane if you will.

Torture, whatever the form, is used to break a persons mind and that, for however useful it may or may not be is just not humane.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #60
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

What about the people who where burned alive on 9/11 I say what goes around comes around.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.