Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #51
pain's fun, hit me again

Holy shit, why so much? I grabbed a set from dick for cheap.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #52
Fast & Filthy

That's the same price that the Mahle rings were. The only ones for $20 were for a single cylinder.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #53
pain's fun, hit me again

The set I bought were $22 from dick for the sealed power ones which are the same rings
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #54
Fast & Filthy

I received my adjustable timing set, new rocker arm and Summit cam degreeing kit yesterday. My new rings, ring file and ring compressor just arrived so I should be able to get a lot done this weekend.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #55
Fast & Filthy

I was able to file fit the new rings, install them on the pistons and the install the pistons in the block tonight. The new Total Seal rings show to set the top ring at .0055 x bore, the second ring at .0035 x bore and the oil ring at a minimum of .015. So I set the top rings at .023, the second rings at .016 and the oil rings were .016 out of the box.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #56
pain's fun, hit me again

Oil rings arent so important, mostly because of the size. Looked into mine, they were .022 and .018 BTW.

Stopping the world!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #57
Fast & Filthy

These rings are so much nicer than the Mahle ones. The Mahle rings had a starting gap anywhere between .008 up to .015 out of the box. The Total Seal rings were .007 on every top ring, .005 on every bottom ring and .016 on every oil ring out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Oil rings arent so important, mostly because of the size. Looked into mine, they were .022 and .018 BTW.
What spec did they recommend for the brand you used? Mahle recommends a wider gap for their rings than Total Seal does.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #58
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
These rings are so much nicer than the Mahle ones. The Mahle rings had a starting gap anywhere between .008 up to .015 out of the box. The Total Seal rings were .007 on every top ring, .005 on every bottom ring and .016 on every oil ring out of the box.

What spec did they recommend for the brand you used? Mahle recommends a wider gap for their rings than Total Seal does.
Shawn recommended the gap since the pistons were used, they were also hastings rings, not sure if it it makes a difference.

Stopping the world!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #59
pain's fun, hit me again

I tried calling you back but my phone died. When I went to charge it I realized i left my charger with Vanessa. I'll talk to Dick on monday about his methods.

Stopping the world!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #60
Fast & Filthy

I pulled the cam and installed the stock Cobra one to check about the funky .002 on the intake and the stock cam stayed at 0 until the lobe started lifting it and once closed it stayed at 0. The exhaust lobe was the same. Then I installed the ACC cam and it still did the same thing. I checked the exhaust and it is also ground funky. It stays open .001 until a few degrees before TDC and then closes back to 0. I ended up installing it 2 degrees advanced for all the numbers below. This is what I came up with.

Intake Lift - .328
Exhaust Lift - .327
Intake CL - 116*
Exhaust CL - 114*
LSA 115*
IO - (-5*)
IC - 47*
EO - 43*
EC - 1*
Duration at .050 In 222* / Ex 224*