Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #51
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
You never said no pickup. In fact I figured a pickup would be fine if you kept mentioning an s10
True I didn't specify SUV, just gave examples. The S10 was mentioned to me as a difference between it and the K5 Blazer, as in S10 platform, but an SUV. That's what I was referring to.

The K5 CUCV is fucking awesome, a nearly perfect prepper/survivalist vehiclefor stupid rugid simplicity. But I don't see my Hello Kitty Miata driving wife switching between that and the CUCV to park in front of our music school (if she even could manage, which is doubtful). Though the amusement factor would be pretty high!

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #52

Aww she could park it. It has power steering (I think lol). I just figured I would throw it out there. Even for being a 'full size' SUV they still aren't THAT much bigger than an S-10 blazer. And the military proved that it can run on just about anything that can burn, although the injector pump may not like you for it.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #53
I, Vettezuki

There's a reason she's in about the smallest car made . . .

I know of guys running something like 50/50 diesel used motor oil in those CUCVs.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #54
I, Vettezuki

FINALLY got a concrete answer regarding CNG conversion in California. I'm a bit disappointed, but not terribly surrpised.

The Kit for hte conversion must be CARB certified FOR THAT MODEL. Period.
But wait, there's more. You can only convert a new car, that is you have to use a CARB kit on the current model year in the current year. If you bought a 2012 and wanted to convert it in January you couldn't get it certified and registered. If you show up for a smog test with a CNG conversion, they'll either notice the fuel system has been modified or get real curious why your engine is burning radically cleaner than normal levels, you'll likely be flagged and won't be able to register. Probably get nailed with hefty fines for modifying the fuel system.

So, now strongly leaning towards a Diesel Liberty.

Something like this.
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3316973985.html

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #55

Thats whats fucking stupid with this country. If you can do something to your vehicle to burn clean as hell, cant do it without that stupid CARB sticker. Tell me CARB is for cleaner air and not the money.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 11-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #56

CARB is starting a new 'fee' (read TAX) this year from what I understand. AR32 is the name of it I think. Apparently even though they ass rape us all for our money on cars (my registration has been going up yearly) they are still in 'the red' on the books. How can you steal so much money from people and still be negative gross income at the end of the year blows my god damned mind

Old 11-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #57
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
CARB is starting a new 'fee' (read TAX) this year from what I understand. AR32 is the name of it I think. Apparently even though they ass rape us all for our money on cars (my registration has been going up yearly) they are still in 'the red' on the books. How can you steal so much money from people and still be negative gross income at the end of the year blows my god damned mind
Well, they have a lot of people with six figure salaries to pay for sitting around with their thumbs up their ass half the time, and ruling over the public like petulant dictators the other half. Gotta come from somewhere and that would be you, dutiful tax serf.

May get the S10 Blazer, make moonshine and run E50.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Well, they have a lot of people with six figure salaries to pay for sitting around with their thumbs up their ass half the time, and ruling over the public like petulant dictators the other half. Gotta come from somewhere and that would be you, dutiful tax serf.

May get the S10 Blazer, make moonshine and run E50.
If you have enough land just start boring holes around the property and pump out your own oil. Refine it, sell it to motorgen guys tax free, and we can all put middle fingers up to the communists that are running this state to hell in a hand basket.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #59
I, Vettezuki

Hydrocracking petroleum is a pretty intense process.

But I could do the biodiesel thing with a little scale and sell off surplus. I have considered that. Making it is perfectly legal and so is using though I *think* you're supposed to file a form for how many miles you've driven on home brew and pay some sort of a road tax. Which honestly I wouldn't really mind as it's at least something like fee for service. EXCEPT the douche bags raid that for other bullshit too. Why should I respect people who are systemically dishonorable and institutions that are corrupt?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #60
I, Vettezuki

It just dawned on me that I have a Wrangler (that I'll never sell). Maybe just a CRD + Auto swap. I've done this shit before and it would be legal, because Wranglers of later years than mien had exactly those engines. Now, if I could just find one. Wonder what they cost?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)