Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #51

Trunk would be much easier to do than you think. Should also help to keep the water temps down as well. Put a fan on the cooler too.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #52
pain's fun, hit me again

I'm sure it will be easy but that's also a long way for the water to travel for such a tiny tank and the ice may melt too fast to get the benefits of packing the tank with ice. If I leave it in the bay I can rig a sort of killer chiller style setup and use the ac system to cool the aftercooler.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #53
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Ron is your stock pulley a 6 rib or 8 rib? My plan is to run about 15 psi and see what it puts down and 8'll slowly back it down, debating whether I should run the power cooler or mondo cooler, at this point I already have the mondo cooler just not crazy about running a 5" cowl.
Mine came with a 8 rib pulley. You won't need 15 psi to get 500rwhp. You should be able to make that on 10-12 and it will be easier on the engine. I'll pass on the mondo cooler but thanks. I don't want to change anything on the Cobra. I like it how it is now. Down the road I want to build a 331 but I still won't add a cooler because they take up too much space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I'm sure it will be easy but that's also a long way for the water to travel for such a tiny tank and the ice may melt too fast to get the benefits of packing the tank with ice. If I leave it in the bay I can rig a sort of killer chiller style setup and use the ac system to cool the aftercooler.
Phil and I thought about this a while back but came to the conclusion that it wasn't going to work.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #54
pain's fun, hit me again

I was joking, that thing is huge and im sure you dont want to run a 6" cowl any more than i do.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #55
pain's fun, hit me again

So i got back from vacation and this was waiting for me

Not the same kit that i posted in ealier pages but its was also $200 cheaper than the one posted and it included shipping. So now all i really need is some cheap heads and ANY aftermarket intake and i should be on my way to 500rwhp and a freshly painted car for around 3k

Stopping the world!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #56

Time to hit up Edelbrock for the intake mani.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-26-2011, 02:06 AM   #57
pain's fun, hit me again

Im hoping i can work a deal for the same intake i have for the 87 from a member on socalstangs, actually hes selling just about everything i need for both cars. So hopefully i can get a good chunk out of the way for both

Stopping the world!
Old 07-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #58
pain's fun, hit me again

so I was able to work a deal on the RPM2 for 400 as well as these for 400, just need some rockers and i'll be set

Stopping the world!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #59
pain's fun, hit me again

So here is a breakdown so far...
Si-trim $650
Power cooler $400
SVO Y heads $400
Eddy rpm2 $400
Still need a throttle body, may run the stocker for the time being. Some 42lb injectors, shorty headers, and some 5 lug wheels and the ca will be driveable and i can start on the body work.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #60
pain's fun, hit me again

Scored some accel 44lb injectors for $135, and made quite a bit of progress today.
Bagged all my interior pieces and organized them into my shit hole of a bench area, pulled about 90% of everything off the car and sanded about 50% of the car, its pretty straight, few dings that need to be pulled but nothing serious.

My girlfriend is in vegas until wednesday so im trying to make as much progress as i can before she gets back. Anyways here is the part people pay attention to.

Stopping the world!