Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-28-2008, 03:02 AM   #51
Super Moderator

Those are sick. I dig the bronze too, and not a lot of people do for some reason.

The 16s pictured are on a smaller diameter tire, I'm willing to bet that it's a 50s series also. I'll bet ACR did that to up the gear ratio slightly. I wouldn't do that with a DD. I'd try to keep the same diameter just for freeway cruising.

Someone had put a smaller diameter tire on my neon. I just put the facotry size back on (wider but same diameter) and a 5% increase in the sidewall makes only a difference of a few hundred rpm, but you can feel it on the freeway.

And when I see 16s like that on an SRT, it makes me think for a second that someone might have decorated a Neon to look like an SRT. I dunno, that's just me.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:25 AM   #52
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
The ACR wheels... lookit the MEAT on those 16s... gorgeous...
BTW, and I'll only say this once more, you want the tread of the tire no wider than the rim, in fact it should actually be smaller than the rim. This will strech out the sidewall and allow it to roll less. So the meaty look that you're referring to, will hurt your road course performance.

Then again, if you're not willing to run a fender well rubbing wide rim, maybe you should give up some sidewall stiffness for some width and grip.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #53
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Those are sick. I dig the bronze too, and not a lot of people do for some reason.

The 16s pictured are on a smaller diameter tire, I'm willing to bet that it's a 50s series also. I'll bet ACR did that to up the gear ratio slightly. I wouldn't do that with a DD. I'd try to keep the same diameter just for freeway cruising.

Someone had put a smaller diameter tire on my neon. I just put the facotry size back on (wider but same diameter) and a 5% increase in the sidewall makes only a difference of a few hundred rpm, but you can feel it on the freeway.

And when I see 16s like that on an SRT, it makes me think for a second that someone might have decorated a Neon to look like an SRT. I dunno, that's just me.

Thanks is correct sir! The ACR runs a 50 series tire... those tires I believe are still factory specification, 225-50-16... and the perfect size IMO.. they could be stretched, at the cost of traction.. they could be much bigger (the BBS rim could conceivably run a 235-245 series tire depending on ones personal preference to how much to get on there...) at the cost of functionality..

Personally I prefer the stretched look.. but certain tires look fantastic when they are a little bit over-meaty per say... like mustangs. I love a mustang with fat beefy tires.

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #54
Boost Junkie

Other options include:

Available in 16x7 and 17x8

available in 16x7 and 17x8.5

available in 6x7 and 17x8.5

Available in too many sizes to list... these would be my track wheels...
Best sizes are 16x8 and 17x8.5

These would be my choice for show wheels...
18x8.5 for the show...

As you can see I love wheels. The bronze onces shown previously will probably end up being the final choice, seeing as I can't afford 6 different sets of wheels not to mention getting some 15s to mount my slicks on...

Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 11-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #55
Super Moderator

Just in case you forgot, in your sig, you say your goal is 400whp. And now you're considering some 7" rims with only 225 tires... With 400whp, on a FWD car...
Old 11-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #56
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Just in case you forgot, in your sig, you say your goal is 400whp. And now you're considering some 7" rims with only 225 tires... With 400whp, on a FWD car...
Trust me, by the time I am hitting 400whp i'll have wider wheels all around... in addition to multiple boost schedules... like low boost for daily mid boost for fun driving and high boost for track

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 11-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #57
Boost Junkie

Quote:
OK so seriously... how long are you going to pick apart and/or disprove everything I say? It's gettin old really quickly...

btw my plan is to eventually be running 245/45/17 when i'm pushing that level of power.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 11-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #58
Super Moderator

Quote:
OK so seriously... how long are you going to pick apart and/or disprove everything I say? It's gettin old really quickly...

btw my plan is to eventually be running 245/45/17 when i'm pushing that level of power.
Till you give in and buy some gigantic tires for your boosted ride! Take it from the guy who can't get traction in 3rd gear with 275 Nittos, buy some tread and plan for the future.

Ok, I'm done.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #59
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Till you give in and buy some gigantic tires for your boosted ride! Take it from the guy who can't get traction in 3rd gear with 275 Nittos, buy some tread and plan for the future.

Ok, I'm done.
HAH Finally some smilies... Now I feel like you aren't quite as serious...

My car is a FWD Turbo... I threw traction out the effing window when I bought the car haha.. mine'll never run faster then mid 11s on slicks. That'll be my AWD car someday.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 11-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #60
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
HAH Finally some smilies... Now I feel like you aren't quite as serious...

My car is a FWD Turbo... I threw traction out the effing window when I bought the car haha.. mine'll never run faster then mid 11s on slicks. That'll be my AWD car someday.
LOL, Enkei only gives you such a hard time because he cares Tyler