Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #561
pain's fun, hit me again

So I had to pay the piper, luckily I found someone local with them in stock. Gave me a discount and used our resale card to a price of $1488, anywho, here they are

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #562
Super Moderator

Shiny... whats your address?
Old 09-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #563
Fast & Filthy

How much did you get done last night?
Old 09-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #564
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
How much did you get done last night?
Not a lot, I couldn't find the keyway for the crank. So I spent a couple hours putting together the canopy for the gray car.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-21-2013, 03:54 AM   #565
pain's fun, hit me again

Degreed the camshaft tonight. it was a complete cluster fuck, but for other reasons. anywho, Ron was having an issue with this one coming into spec. I started off by installing it at the 6* advanced like he did. here's what I got
112.5 LC
215/220
-5 & 40
-1.5 & 41

These are no where near the specs on the card, so I installed it at the 4* like in my motor and here's what I got
114 LC
217/217
-5 & 42.5
-5 & 42.5

So like I thought the cam was too advanced and makes sense why it came in at 112. Now it's right on the money and came in perfectly.

Stopping the world!
Old 09-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #566
Fast & Filthy

That doesn't make sense. If you retard the cam 2 degrees the the IO would occur 2 degrees later and would be -3 instead. The duration at 0.050 will be the same no matter whether the ICL is 112 or 114.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #567
pain's fun, hit me again

Then the only answer is the cam is asymmetrical. I checked it, over and over, did it probably 20 times tconfirrm, it was right on.

Stopping the world!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #568
Fast & Filthy

That doesn't explain it. An asymmetrical lobe just has a different closing profile than opening profile. The IO would still occur at -3 if you retarded it 2 degrees and the duration at .050 would still be 215/220 no matter what the ICL is.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #569
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
That doesn't explain it. An asymmetrical lobe just has a different closing profile than opening profile. The IO would still occur at -3 if you retarded it 2 degrees and the duration at .050 would still be 215/220 no matter what the ICL is.
I have no clue then, I only degreed it once at 6* then a few dozen times at 4*
I even installed it at 8* to see the change at it was at 110.5 but didnt do the rest, It was about 3 am and I was low on sleep to begin with. Put it back at 4* and it came in the same every time, -5 and 217. I'm not going to pull it back out to try and track it down.

Stopping the world!
Old 09-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #570
I, Vettezuki

Don't know much about cams other than what they do generally. What's IO and ICL?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)