Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #531
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Is that a 4.030 bore? If so I have one of these you can borrow.

They work great. You can push the piston in by hand with it.
it is, I meant for the next engine i do. I only have 1 piston left so i'll use my shitty one
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #532
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It's just pretty to look at.
thanks. it would make a nice coffee table.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #533
Fast & Filthy

Have you pulled the other engine yet or are you waiting until you have this shortblock done? I really want to see what damage you did to the other engine.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #534
pain's fun, hit me again

I have not, i'm out of space so i'm going to assemble it, then pull it and transer stuff over as i remove it.

However apparently even I do not know the bounds to the shit in my shop, i found another set of rings I didn't even know I had, so i'm good on that front. Also found a few amsoil oil filters

Stopping the world!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #535
pain's fun, hit me again

Finally got the last piston installed
All the rod side clearances came in a .50mm. Considered loose for a stock assembly but fine for a stickshift car using chamfered rods. Checked with Dick and he said up to .75mm is fine for this type of motor.

Stopping the world!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #536
pain's fun, hit me again

Finally torqued everything down. Main studs took 110lbs, side studs took 55lbs, rod bolts took 96lbs for a .006 stretch. Had I not purchased the gauge there would have been no way to know they needed that much torque. Goes to show how much stronger the MSA bolts are over ARP bolts.

Installed the cam and checked endplay, can't find the keyway so I had to order one before I degreed the cam. Also i'm going to order new lifters, I tried rebuilding another set but they were too worn out to be saved. So i'm stalled until I get more funds.

Stopping the world!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #537
I, Vettezuki

What is the stretch actually measuring?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #538
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
What is the stretch actually measuring?
Uhm, the stretch gauge is measuring stretch. High strength rod bolts aren't measured in torque to be fastened, they are given a stretch rating, usually between .005-.007 for which they have optimum hold.

Stopping the world!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #539
pain's fun, hit me again

Well the johnson lifters I wanted are still back
ordered so I bit the bullet and bought the Morels
http://www.flowtechinduction.com/mor...raulic-roller/

Stopping the world!
Old 09-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #540
pain's fun, hit me again

Splurged cause I got this for $300
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...roducts_id=231

Stopping the world!