Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: What do you consider to be fast?
13.00-13.99 seconds 4 36.36%
12.00-12.99 seconds 4 36.36%
11.00-11.99seconds 1 9.09%
10.00-10.99seconds 0 0%
10 seconds or less 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2009, 12:06 AM   #41
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
It would suck if the light hearted banter that we exchange was taken too seriously.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #42
Internet Tough Guy

Dude watch out, I can bench more than you can
Old 10-16-2009, 12:16 AM   #43
Super Moderator

Quote:
Dude watch out, I can bench more than you can
Good for you! What do you rep 5-6 times? And you're a professional fighter so I have no doubt you could kick my ass. Why don't you teach me some stuff?!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 AM   #44
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Good for you! What do you rep 5-6 times? And you're a professional fighter so I have no doubt you could kick my ass. Why don't you teach me some stuff?!
Today I did 275 10 then 8 times then went to 295 for five. Last fall I was doing sets of 5 with 315. I've been taking it easy because of an increased work load. No I'm not a pro fighter, but I started doing BJJ in Iraq and have been taking BJJ and Mui tai classed at he SD undisputed ever since. ~2 years. Not a pro fighter, but most guys are pussies.

By the way I didn't say I could kick your ass. My only point is that we all love to give people shit, but it meant to be light hearted.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #45
Super Moderator

Quote:
Today I did 275 10 then 8 times then went to 295 for five. Last fall I was doing sets of 5 with 315. I've been taking it easy because of an increased work load. No I'm not a pro fighter, but I started doing BJJ in Iraq and have been taking BJJ and Mui tai classed at he SD undisputed ever since. ~2 years. Not a pro fighter, but most guys are pussies.

By the way I didn't say I could kick your ass. My only point is that we all love to give people shit, but it meant to be light hearted.
And my point, even if you had no fighting training, being able to bench 295 for rep... you would be able to f up your average bully in the bar.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #46
Super Moderator

Quote:
And my point, even if you had no fighting training, being able to bench 295 for rep... you would be able to f up your average bully in the bar.
My shoulder's been messed up for a month, I've been taking it easy. Can't wait till I can get back into it hardcore. I want to put on some size again.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #47
I, Vettezuki

Maybe you guys should work out together.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-16-2009, 01:09 AM   #48
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
It would suck if the light hearted banter that we exchange was taken too seriously.
I solve this problem by not taking much of anything seriously, least of all myself.

EXEMPTION:
Unless it's economics or related politics, then I pretty much go zero to ape shit instantly. Ask Sean.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #49
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
I bench 275 for rep currently, and although I don't have any real fighting training... the extra muscle would and has helped me in a fight. So I don't get your sig.

And Sly Stallone is just a fake movie fighter who may never have been in a real fight his whole life... but he's still not the kind of guy I'd stand up to in a bar.
Adam, I learned that size and strength doesn't really matter all that much in fighting. Back when I was in high school I use to play basketball with an older guy (72 at the time) who was a retired light weight boxer. He was about 5'6" and weighed about 165 at the time. One day there was a guy playing with us that was about 6'3" and 230 that was built. He was pretty much pushing us high schoolers around but he made the mistake of pushing this guy. I've never seen someone throw punches so fast in person. He hit the guy about 5 times in a matter of seconds and the guy went down. When he got up he had a bloody nose and he just walked away.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #50
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Adam, I learned that size and strength doesn't really matter all that much in fighting. Back when I was in high school I use to play basketball with an older guy (72 at the time) who was a retired light weight boxer. He was about 5'6" and weighed about 165 at the time. One day there was a guy playing with us that was about 6'3" and 230 that was built. He was pretty much pushing us high schoolers around but he made the mistake of pushing this guy. I've never seen someone throw punches so fast in person. He hit the guy about 5 times in a matter of seconds and the guy went down. When he got up he had a bloody nose and he just walked away.
Quote:
And having a lot of muscle isn't enough to kick Bruce Lee's ass, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have in a fight against Joe Blow.
I think you understand what I say, you just choose to ignore it because you enjoy lecturing.