Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #41

quick lil racing question......ok well im not sure if my friend can come threw with letting me borrow his helmet.....soooooo i was cleaning out one of my moms repo properties...or ASSETS if u will and i found this motoX or dirt bike type helmet im not too sure on which....but its in good shape and i wanted to know if its usable for cali speedway......i tryed looking online to ID it but i couldnt find an exact match.....on the back it says SL810 and says DOT approved.....so can one of you guys help me with this on if its good to use or not?
Old 10-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #42
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
quick lil racing question......ok well im not sure if my friend can come threw with letting me borrow his helmet.....soooooo i was cleaning out one of my moms repo properties...or ASSETS if u will and i found this motoX or dirt bike type helmet im not too sure on which....but its in good shape and i wanted to know if its usable for cali speedway......i tryed looking online to ID it but i couldnt find an exact match.....on the back it says SL810 and says DOT approved.....so can one of you guys help me with this on if its good to use or not?
Nope. It needs to be Snell rated. You should find a sticker like SA2005. I "think" the current cutoff for CSW is SA2000.

You're welcome to borrow mine on the day, but we ain't gonna know if it fits til then, so that's a little risky. You can spend any amount of money helmets, but I'm a fan of HJC for value. I love my HJC AR10

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-23-2008, 08:39 PM   #43
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
I have an extra helmet that I'll bring and you can see if it fits as well.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I have an extra helmet that I'll bring and you can see if it fits as well.
ok cool thanks i know i can fit a large at minimum.....

and vettezuki - that helmet remindes me of the stig's helmet thats pretty awsome !!!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #45
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
ok cool thanks i know i can fit a large at minimum.....

and vettezuki - that helmet remindes me of the stig's helmet thats pretty awsome !!!
You got it brother. That's why I picked it. It's also comfortable, and less than $1k.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You got it brother. That's why I picked it. It's also comfortable, and less than $1k.
lol i like how you pinched pennies and tried to get the helmet that was under a grand

also my clutch install appointment is on oct 30th!!! so ya imma have 2-3 days to break it in really good before i run on the 2nd :-D!!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #47
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
lol i like how you pinched pennies and tried to get the helmet that was under a grand

also my clutch install appointment is on oct 30th!!! so ya imma have 2-3 days to break it in really good before i run on the 2nd :-D!!
I'm not made out of money you know. Plus that's like 48 hours and a clutch break in is just like a brake burnishing period isn't it. SHouldn't take more than like 30 minutes going through some kind of cycle. Or am I whack?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-24-2008, 12:25 AM   #48

Quote:
I'm not made out of money you know. Plus that's like 48 hours and a clutch break in is just like a brake burnishing period isn't it. SHouldn't take more than like 30 minutes going through some kind of cycle. Or am I whack?
lol ive actually never heard of anyone buying helmet for more then $400 maybe i just hang out with cheap asses ?

lol i wish there was some sort of 30 minute cycle........idk if this goes for all cars but for "us" lol everyone recommends 400-500 street driven miles!!!

lawd know where the hell imma go for that many miles on city streets!!!??? but if you know of a 30 minute cycle share the info? im down to do a 30 minute drifting circle shifting between 1st and 2nd and back to 1st and repeat that should maybe work? lol
Old 10-24-2008, 12:40 AM   #49
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
lol ive actually never heard of anyone buying helmet for more then $400 maybe i just hang out with cheap asses ?

lol i wish there was some sort of 30 minute cycle........idk if this goes for all cars but for "us" lol everyone recommends 400-500 street driven miles!!!

lawd know where the hell imma go for that many miles on city streets!!!??? but if you know of a 30 minute cycle share the info? im down to do a 30 minute drifting circle shifting between 1st and 2nd and back to 1st and repeat that should maybe work? lol
You can drop a G on a helmet real easy. Though I guess it's probably more of those fancy pants open-wheelers.

Same for Motorcycle helmets. Sure you can spend $60, but the good ones are more like $500+. I like my Scorpion which was like $219. Don't know how it'd be on a long ride though cuz it's kinda loud.

I honestly don't remember what the break-in for my McLeod was, but I don't remember being warned by them about anything specifically. I say pour yourself some coffee and head North on the 1 for 250, then turn around. Lots of lights from SoCal. Brings some friends, BS, it'll go by in no time. Of course there's the sticky bit about your fuel situation.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #50
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
You can drop a G on a helmet real easy. Though I guess it's probably more of those fancy pants open-wheelers.

Same for Motorcycle helmets. Sure you can spend $60, but the good ones are more like $500+. I like my Scorpion which was like $219. Don't know how it'd be on a long ride though cuz it's kinda loud.

I honestly don't remember what the break-in for my McLeod was, but I don't remember being warned by them about anything specifically. I say pour yourself some coffee and head North on the 1 for 250, then turn around. Lots of lights from SoCal. Brings some friends, BS, it'll go by in no time. Of course there's the sticky bit about your fuel situation.
It takes about 500 miles to break in a clutch. When breaking it in you should have some cool down time as well. Don't just go out and try to put 250 miles on it in a day without letting it cool down. With that said, I don't think you are going to have an issue with your twin disc clutch if you can put 250-300 miles on it before the races. They are usually rated in the 600-900wtq range so I don't think you are going to over power it.