Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #41
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
. . . thanks to a very rich member on corner carvers who went out and bought a brand new fr500 really helped me out by letting me have it for 800. .. .
You got the equivalent of a Jerico for $800?!?! That's awesome. I paid way more for a rebuilt T56.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 07-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #42
Fast & Filthy

No kidding. Converting from my T5 to a T56 cost me over $2500.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #43
pain's fun, hit me again

Yeah I did, its not a perfect transmission since it needs some work, apparently through some sort of mishap he broke the input shaft at the 3rd gear snap ring, however that is possible i dont know. But he ordered a new mainshaft which is supposed to be a 26sp billet treated shaft, the rest of the gears looks untouched and I have a buddy who is friends with the owner of g-force who said he'll reassemble the tranny for $100. Here are some pictures of the carnage, not really carnage though

You can see all the other gears are untouched as it looks like a very clean break

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 07-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #44
pain's fun, hit me again

So ive been told tomorrow morning is the day....

Unfortunately i'd give it a truly realistic year before the car runs with this engine losing my tranny really fucked me...
So i'll focus on getting the other car done since i need a comfortable backup car, and i have everything to assemble that one.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 07-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #45
pain's fun, hit me again

Stopping the world!

Old 07-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #46
pain's fun, hit me again

Stopping the world!

Old 07-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #47

nice valve covers!

Old 07-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #48
pain's fun, hit me again

Thanky, they need to be recoated to match my intake finish, and i'll do a similar machine polish on the raised portions but here is what i got today...

Stopping the world!

Old 07-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #49
pain's fun, hit me again

I have additional pics that i'll upload from my laptop when able, but for now this will do

Stopping the world!

Old 07-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I have additional pics that i'll upload from my laptop when able, but for now this will do
Sweeet. Looks like it's coming together nicely. I'm trying to save up cash to purchase another 5.0 (Got a 3$ raise at work! XD). Can't live without one. Hands down the most fun vehicle i have owned.

I'm planning on parking my SVO and daily driving the 5.0 while i bring the SVO up to snuff. Purchase a decent interior, new turbo, fmic, painless wiring harness, and megasquirt. Then once it's done the SVO will become my daily while i learn how to build an engine with my Uncle who's a nuclear engineer in the Navy! We'll see how that works out.