Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #461

Cool, looks like ACH is a go. Test drive at GMR soon?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #462
pain's fun, hit me again

There's some registration stuff to be done, smog, tune etc. But yes, very soon.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #463
pain's fun, hit me again

So if you didn't see in Ron's thread we're getting tuned friday. I have been jamming on the car, assembling interior bits, tracking down why my power windows work but the door locks don't and its because some jack wagon cut the wires for them. Still need to get the stitching done, and install the important things, like seat belts, finding a gauge cluster and some striker bushings.

Its close. Looks like a car again, just need to wet sand it and buff it.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #464
pain's fun, hit me again

So friday was fun, I guess. I found out that the car is well capable of 600rwhp on race fuel. Since I was running pump gas and didnt wan't to fuck things up, Steve made slow pulls to see where it would make about 12-14psi. Unfortunately we didnt even make it that far. He started the run around 3k and by 4200 it hit 10.81psi. Massive belt slip happened and he shut it down, he said its likely it slipped so bad because how hard the boost came on. So I need to track down a 3.7" blower pulley to bring it down to around 13psi at 6200. He said even then, its going to make 500rwhp no problem.

Then on the drive home I had the wonderful event of hearing BINK. Broken rocker stud, spent all day today fixing it and other shit I missed. Found out the core of the aftercooler was so mucked up thats why it wasn't flowing. Tossed it in the washer for a few hours and ran some solvents through it and its much better, but still not close to what it needs to be.

Also found out the bypass wasnt even hooked up at all, neither was the vacuum line for it. So I replumed it, added the vacuum line and changed the plugs and plug wires. The car is running MUCH better then it was yesterday. Very pleased so far. Also since the bypass is the way it should be now, the blower reversion has stopped and the car should pass smog.

Car made 372.2rwhp and 420rwtq at 4200 rpm. It has ALOT more to go...

Stopping the world!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #465
pain's fun, hit me again

So after breaking 2 rocker studs in 5 miles I realized I didn't use ARP studs like I thought. So I swapped them all out today for the ARP ones and ragged on it a bit. Nothing borken yet, however I did develop a massive exhaust leak and apparently an oil leak from the PCV valve at the back of the engine. I'm going to replace it with a positive pressure PCV valve and silicone it in place. Anyone else have an idea why oil might be blowing out of there?

Stopping the world!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
So after breaking 2 rocker studs in 5 miles I realized I didn't use ARP studs like I thought. So I swapped them all out today for the ARP ones and ragged on it a bit. Nothing borken yet, however I did develop a massive exhaust leak and apparently an oil leak from the PCV valve at the back of the engine. I'm going to replace it with a positive pressure PCV valve and silicone it in place. Anyone else have an idea why oil might be blowing out of there?
Mine did as well, used the one from an svo, no more problem.

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #467
pain's fun, hit me again

EV154 Right?

Stopping the world!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #468

The PCV valve has to be able to handle boost or it's gonna leak by. I picked up a check valve from McMaster Carr for like $10 shipped and installed it and works great. Used it on my Eclipse and the Typhoon with no issues. I can look up the part number if you're interested.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 01-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
The PCV valve has to be able to handle boost or it's gonna leak by. I picked up a check valve from McMaster Carr for like $10 shipped and installed it and works great. Used it on my Eclipse and the Typhoon with no issues. I can look up the part number if you're interested.
This exactly.

Guy:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357632214.531651.jpg

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #470
pain's fun, hit me again

Hmmm, thats the one I have now. I'm showing either a EV111 or EV154 for high boost.

Stopping the world!