Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-23-2012, 05:51 AM   #421
pain's fun, hit me again

Since I still cant sleep. I'll update this now.

Today I was on a fucking roll. Finally got the races off the carrier and rebuilt it with the fancy carbon fiber clutches.

Also painted the rear rotors and got rebuild kits for the calipers

Over the weekend Jamie came by and welded up the tubes for me after scrubbing the fuck out of the housing, sadly I cant find pics of all the fun I went through tearing it apart

Also got the ends bearings and seals in

The glorious bad boys waiting to go in

Also took the opportunity of the axle being out to install the panhard mount

Tomorrow Ron is coming down to help with the gear install then I'll finish assembling the axle and brakes then bolt this fucker back in.
Here it sits
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #422
pain's fun, hit me again

Rebuilt the calipers, new bracket hardware, new brake lines, cut and shortened the fox lines and changed the fittings to the new metric sizes.

I'm picking up my shim kit tomorrow and i'll need to get with Ron with getting this thing shimmed up. I REALLY want to put it in this weekend. If I cant get with him i'll do the feeler gauge method and slam it together.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #423
pain's fun, hit me again

Finished the gear install, it's been about 7 years since I last did one so I'm hoping it's done sufficiently. Everything checked out so i'm pretty confident in it. Also finished the brakes, axle shafts, and all the other crap along with replacing everything. Fluids and the like.

Then installed it into the car

Unfortunately I forgot to pick up the open ended lug nuts so I just lowered the car down to see the wheel fitment. They fit perfect.

Tomorrow i'll take better pics of the post install

Stopping the world!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #424
Fast & Filthy

Looks good.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #425
pain's fun, hit me again

Thanks. I finished the front 5 lug just as the sun went down, then it occured to me I need to finish as much work that requires me to be outside with the car as soon as possible before daylights savings time ends, once it does my after work explorations will suck. Anyways. here's the good stuff.

Stopping the world!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #426
Super Moderator

Ohh pretty axle. Is that just a painted stock 8.8? Knowing you and that car I don't see you writing Currie a check for $2500, haha
Old 11-08-2012, 03:40 AM   #427
pain's fun, hit me again

Not quite stock, forged 31sp axles, welded tubes, carbon fiber clutches in the posi and arp studs. should hold 650rwhp no problem.

Stopping the world!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #428
pain's fun, hit me again

Little update. Dropped $600 to get her current with CA. This weekend I hope to finish the body. Maybe the interior depending on time. I've misplaced a few items that is going to hinder me some with the body panels. Interior is essentially "done" just some tedious sewing and bracket making. Stay tuned.

Stopping the world!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #429
pain's fun, hit me again

Got around to putting back on the front bumper cover. Or at least trying to, i'm not sure what changed since the first time I fitted the heat exchanger to now but it doesn't fit worth a shit. I had to remove the bumper just to get the cover on. Tomorrow i'll fuck with spacing the bracket and see if I cant get it to mount the right way.

Stopping the world!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #430
I, Vettezuki

You make me almost like Fox Bodies.

Almost.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)