Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
And that's the problem. Perspective. Yup how many FAST cars with tons of horsepower have you seen go to the track and run shit numbers?

Way too many to count.

Perspective it bullshit. It's like saying you're the coolest man in you own tiny little world. Yeah you're cool, .........faggot. Butt dyno = Bullshit; Actual dynos are even bullshit to an extent. They are only an indicator of what a car is theoretically capable of, but it's not actually doing shit.

My actual point is though. When you bought your fox did you buy it because you read about it in a magazine or because you knew guys were running them at the track and they performed?

In the case of the NSX: guys swear by them, but when was the last time you went out and saw one do better than mid-pack? Guys like me will go to a car meet, car show, tuning shop and see a NSX all done up. I will say to the owner "Hey man nice car" they will say "thanks whats is your car". When I tell then it's a vette then here comes the I smoke those all the time bullshit. Same thing with the S2k crowd the Subaru's.

Wait, two things confused me from this post.

1. Perspective is bullshit? Isn't this thread asking everyone for their opinion which is directly correlated with perspective and a direct result of individual experience?

2. Did you just call me a faggot?

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #32
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
That was before I fixed everything. I made 22 rwtq more than you when we both went and I'm making an additional 35 rwtq now.
I was referring to horsepower, we were only 1hp IIRC. You're always going to have the torque advantage, i'll have the HP advantage.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #33
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
And that's the problem. Perspective. Yup how many FAST cars with tons of horsepower have you seen go to the track and run shit numbers?

Way too many to count.
This is more from the owner not driving the car to it's potential cause they never do. Many car owners, even many forums members don't go out with the intention of fucking things up like we do. I've taken friends cars 2 seconds faster in drag events simply for this reason, many of them won't let me drive them any more either
Perspective it bullshit. It's like saying you're the coolest man in you own tiny little world. Yeah you're cool, .........faggot. Butt dyno = Bullshit; Actual dynos are even bullshit to an extent. They are only an indicator of what a car is theoretically capable of, but it's not actually doing shit.
Many don't participate in sporting events, it in no way makes the car slow, power numbers or not, if I pull up next to an LP-640 i'm gonna have a hard time winning regardless
My actual point is though. When you bought your fox did you buy it because you read about it in a magazine or because you knew guys were running them at the track and they performed?
Justin and I are similar in why our foxes are what they are, I saw one as a kid and knew I would have one, my step mom had an 85 that I thought was ugly, ask anyone in my family and sadly I wanted a fox since I was a kid.
In the case of the NSX: guys swear by them, but when was the last time you went out and saw one do better than mid-pack? Guys like me will go to a car meet, car show, tuning shop and see a NSX all done up. I will say to the owner "Hey man nice car" they will say "thanks whats is your car". When I tell then it's a vette then here comes the I smoke those all the time bullshit. Same thing with the S2k crowd the Subaru's.
Maybe, most of my NSX buddies don't claim shit cause they won't drive them hard, stance nation auto show off bullshit. Driver makes the time more than the car does, we all know this.

Ron and I don't care if our cars get banged up while we use them, others and not so willing to use their cars that way. Ron and I have always made the joke that to beat the nicer car all you have to do is swerve a little too close, and it's true.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #34
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Wait, two things confused me from this post.

1. Perspective is bullshit? Isn't this thread asking everyone for their opinion which is directly correlated with perspective and a direct result of individual experience?

2. Did you just call me a faggot?
1) no I didn't call you a faggot. It would be very clear if I was calling you a faggot.

2) Read the OP again. The whole basis of the opening post is calling out cars owners that think they are fast with no basis. I'm not sure how you got it confused.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 08-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #35
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
1) no I didn't call you a faggot. It would be very clear if I was calling you a faggot.

2) Read the OP again. The whole basis of the opening post is calling out cars owners that think they are fast with no basis. I'm not sure how you got it confused.
He didn't get it confused, saying a car isn't fast cause it's never been to the track isn't exactly the end all be all. Would you say Adam's car is slow?

Stopping the world!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
He didn't get it confused, saying a car isn't fast cause it's never been to the track isn't exactly the end all be all. Would you say Adam's car is slow?
This. I'm not confused at all. I was simply pointing out , as various others have, that's there is quite a bit of ambiguity due to perspective and bias. Hard to define fast as a standard.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #37
Internet Tough Guy

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6

Way too many to count.
This is more from the owner not driving the car to it's potential cause they never do. Many car owners, even many forums members don't go out with the intention of fucking things up like we do. I've taken friends cars 2 seconds faster in drag events simply for this reason, many of them won't let me drive them any more either

-Your logic is that cars don't perform because they are not driven hard. So why do 80% of the new 5.0s you see at the track run hard and 90% of the SS suck dick? By your logic it's because the 5.0 owners drive harder and are more willing to through caution to the wind and wad their cars up. By your logic Evo drivers are more aggressive and skilled drivers than STI drivers.
Here is reality: AN NSX is a slow POS. I have personally seen a COMPTECH SC NSX get smoked by a LS1 SS with the factory cam and longblock. Slap some chamber plates, springs and shocks on the SS and it will go faster than the NSX on the twisties. I know this because I have seen it. NSX is like the the new BRZ, all the value is placed on the driving experience. Lap times and numbers were not a priority. The 2.8L or 3.2 L makes N/A two rotor wankel torque. The FX motorsports NSX has a fully built motor on boost and spray with MASSIVE aero to be competitive. Not to mention the Ringer they use for a driver. I cannot believe some one let you drive their car. J/K. I an happy to hear that you have actually been to the track. I started to believe that all your knowledge was simply internet based.

Many don't participate in sporting events, it in no way makes the car slow, power numbers or not, if I pull up next to an LP-640 i'm gonna have a hard time winning regardless

-You just made my point: LP-640 is slow. You may think it's fast because of what you saw on the internet. At a track it's EVO IX fast (stock). Why there are so many 9-10 sec Gallardos, but how many 9 sec LP-640's are there? Because it's a piece. It was developed before Audi took over and it's a one trick pony. LP-640 are not quick and don't handle however they do top out like a champ.
-Not going to sporting events blah blah blah drivers blah blah you are just stating the obvious. I took the stang to the roval and smoked a Boss, ZL1 and a Superleggera only because of driving.
-In the other thread you thought your stang was going to run 9's and make 700 hp?? What happened.

Justin and I are similar in why our foxes are what they are, I saw one as a kid and knew I would have one, my step mom had an 85 that I thought was ugly, ask anyone in my family and sadly I wanted a fox since I was a kid.

You just told me when you knew you wanted a fox. You didn't answer the question asked which was why you wanted a fox? The "Basis" of your decision. When you were a kid did you know Fox's were quick? BTW, That was a question for Justin

So since we struggle with reading comprehension I will try to dumb it down. Motorgen is an Automotive enthusiast site. What ever from that takes for an individual. If guys talk about performance then logic leads me to believe that they purchased a vehicle to suite their performance needs. So why is this decision made by so many base on what youtube, magazines, forums tell them and not what they see kicking ass on the track, the streets, or the trail.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #38
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Fuck yeah adams car is slow!!!!!!! It may be scary, but it's slow.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #39
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
This. I'm not confused at all. I was simply pointing out , as various others have, that's there is quite a bit of ambiguity due to perspective and bias. Hard to define fast as a standard.
So in the OP I referred to many different types of motorsports Drag, road, auto-cross....... I intentionally said fast because it's descriptive enough to make the point. Why would you buy a performance car and claim it can perform if is just doesn't. I even made a the internet / youtube disclaimer because obviously with enough money you can make anything fast.
You guys are trying to take this down the what is fast rabbit hole. That's not what was written in the OP.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #40

Quote:
So in the OP I referred to many different types of motorsports Drag, road, auto-cross....... I intentionally said fast because it's descriptive enough to make the point. Why would you buy a performance car and claim it can perform if is just doesn't. I even made a the internet / youtube disclaimer because obviously with enough money you can make anything fast.
You guys are trying to take this down the what is fast rabbit hole. That's not what was written in the OP.
Not trying to take it the wrong way Carlos. In fact, I agree with you immensely and you are making the point I have always discussed in person with other enthusiasts but actually much better, so for that hats off.

As to my car, Guy was spot on. I bought it solely on looks. I realize some people might even have a visceral response to that and that's fine. When I was 7 years old in the 80's I thought it was the coolest car ever. I had no inclination of speed. It was only after purchasing one at the age of driving (15) that I realized its potential and began building and educating myself.